PDA

View Full Version : Perris 7-17 Dam Flyfishing Report

Flying
07-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Well I know I don't post many dam fishing reports but I just don't care to dam flyfish anymore. I guess its because I don't catch any dam fish. This was actually the first time I've been dam fishing all year and I was only there because they had lot 11/12 closed:Angry:

It was almost 10am before I got the tube in Sail Cove. As usual I had to watch some other tuber catch fish on plastics while I kicked around getting just little hits on my one dam fly.:Crying: I had enough of the little point and kicked away to be by my dam self. Made it all the way to what was the 2nd dam pier only to have some dam people start dam fishing there. I let them have it since they made that long dam walk out there. I also felt sorry for the dam people because it sure looks hard to get around the that dam area. Coming back I stayed about 20 feet away. I didn't want to get too close using a type 4 full sink line because I hate getting dam snags just as much as I hate tying dam flies. Having to turn around happened to be some good dam luck. I picked up a dam dink 12" long. Its hard to believe these guys are legal. Less than 30 feet away I get on a real good dam fish.

http://i30.tinypic.com/2drgvvm.jpg
He was 3lbs at 18". I tried to fill him up with more water be it didn't help.
My wife always ask if its the same fish.
They do look all the same.:LOL:

http://i26.tinypic.com/rtdopd.jpg
Another pic of the same dam fish.

http://i27.tinypic.com/fd91n5.jpg
That's my dam fly. The only dam fly I use. The dam water is a lot clearer than the east end.

At about noon the dam wind started to come up. It actually was nice as it cooled the dam place down some. It also helped blow me back in where I picked up my 2nd bluegill of the year. I've gotten many redears this year but only 2 gills.:Confused:

http://i25.tinypic.com/1zgvk85.jpg
That pic is actually of the first one caught Wed at lot 12.
My second one was the same size.
Same dam fly.
The greenish color is a reflection from my shirt(I think).

Compared to my other trips this was a very good dam day. Did 2 miles in 3 hours for 3 fish. I'm gonna do a lot more dam flyfishing from now on:Envious:

I almost forgot. I also farmed a dam fish right in the same spot as the big dam fish. It felt like the same dam fish. Just because of that I won't post my dam GPS tracks until I can get back out to that dam spot and catch that dam fish that seems to like my dam fly.

Skyler
07-18-2009, 10:55 AM
Dam, nice report, lol. Those are nice nice dam fish...

NICKYMOUSE8
07-18-2009, 11:15 AM
Beauties thanks for sharing flying...im so jealous now DAM YOU!!!

d1LedHed
07-18-2009, 11:25 AM
Great report. Are you using 4 wt?

tacklejunkie
07-18-2009, 11:34 AM
Nice going Flying. Good to see you tie into a few. You fish hard and long and deserve it! Maybe a few more trips to to dam are in order for you?
Hard to stray from the calm and quiet east end though.

Skyler
07-18-2009, 12:21 PM

I heard that. Pretty much EVERY time I fish perris, I find myself on that end of the lake, lol. Not having jet skis buzz you is a good reason in my book.

Flying
07-18-2009, 12:58 PM
Great report. Are you using 4 wt?

I use a 6wt for everything

Actually the east has been harry lately with the lice going high speed around the island. They have no clue whats under them as they try to follow the shoreline and end up on that shallow point:ROFL: Saw 3 just this week get stuck in it. Unfortunately they get off it OK.

I can't wait for the weeds to get taller in there. It really chokes up the jet drives

Skyler
07-18-2009, 01:11 PM
I use a 6wt for everything

Actually the east has been harry lately with the lice going high speed around the island. They have no clue whats under them as they try to follow the shoreline and end up on that shallow point:ROFL: Saw 3 just this week get stuck in it. Unfortunately they get off it OK.

I can't wait for the weeds to get taller in there. It really chokes up the jet drives

Yeah, that shallow bar off Power Cove is harsh. The jet guys may get stuck, but the prop guys are the real victims, lol. I saw a nice bass boat with a fatty outboard elevate the bow and break a prop over there earlier this year, trying to haul *** in the 5 mph zone. Big splash when that bow came crashing down, lol! Hell, at the far east end you can almost walk to the island if you know the right route to take. My brother tryed it last fall in his float tube and got about 80% of the way there before he had to kick! If that channel wasn't there by the island, you could probably pull the traverse off with no float tube. But yeah, it's definitely hairy over there. I drag my skeg sometimes when I'm kayaking, and it goes no more than a foot under. I'm just waiting for the first drunken lake louse to hit the wrong spot and tumble, lol.

TheFishcatcher
07-18-2009, 01:33 PM
Dam! It's a dam good feeling to see a dam fishing fellow caught some nice dam fish at the dam. Thanks for a dam nice report.:Big Grin:

PWBUILDING
07-18-2009, 01:59 PM
way to go man
nice pictures

smokinflies
07-19-2009, 10:18 AM
awesome job catching on the fly. :Envious::Envious::Envious:
\

Beauties thanks for sharing flying...im so jealous now DAM YOU!!!

don't worry primo. we'll be out there on perris soon. looks like we're gonna have to get a hold of some tubes for our perris adventure.

Flying
07-20-2009, 10:31 AM
awesome job catching on the fly. :Envious::Envious::Envious:
\

don't worry primo. we'll be out there on perris soon. looks like we're gonna have to get a hold of some tubes for our perris adventure.

The tube is the way to go especially now with the heat. Hit me up when you go. I'll more than likely be already there already:Envious:

Flying
07-20-2009, 10:34 AM
Dam! It's a dam good feeling to see a dam fishing fellow caught some nice dam fish at the dam. Thanks for a dam nice report.:Big Grin:

Were you one of the two dam guys by the old dam pier dam fishing?:LOL:

teejay
07-20-2009, 12:01 PM
I asked the ranger at the gate for directions to the area with the "dam" fish and she gave me a puzzled look. She must be new there. :Big Grin:
Nice report!