PDA

View Full Version : Question really quick

jimewing2121
07-18-2009, 10:42 AM
So I have a couple basic questions

I hear people say all the time that they fish the boils. What does that mean?

I like to use live bait because i feel like it is more appealing to a fish to have something that they actually eat. But I am hearing that lures are better. If that is true what lures are good ones to fishing for LMB or stripper? I fish from the shore so I dont know how easy it would be to use a lure but I want to try.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
07-18-2009, 10:51 AM
try poppers near shallows. to cast out far heavy swim baits or look for divr rapalas there pretty heavy. oh and i think you can't use live bait in freshwater or unless thats an urban legend? all you need to know is alreadythreaded out just take moment to browse around the posts..trust me you'll be posting your catches in no time and replying to noobies on how to fish, oops did i type that. lololol GOODTIMES BRO..

Flying
07-18-2009, 02:42 PM
A boil is a feeding frenzy. Its a school of bait fish being chased to the surface by predator fish. With large schooling predator fish like Stripers the area can be quite large and pretty impressive.Fish will be jumping like crazy in this area. It will look like the water is boiling. You'll know when you see one. They come up out of now where and can be gone in minutes. If you see one you throw what ever you tied on in there.

Astrolux
07-18-2009, 05:24 PM
what lures are good ones to fishing for LMB or stripper?

Dollar bills for the strippers!!!!! Works every time. :Wink:

jimewing2121
07-18-2009, 05:43 PM
Dollar bills for the strippers!!!!! Works every time. :Wink:

:ROFL: that is a good one. Im sure that would be a lot easier then catching fish

bassgrandslam
07-18-2009, 06:05 PM
:ROFL: Im sure that would be a lot easier then catching fish

"Would be"(?)......... IT IS!!!

just go again.....and again..........and again.

"Use the force, Luke!"

tacklejunkie
07-18-2009, 08:12 PM
So I have a couple basic questions

I hear people say all the time that they fish the boils. What does that mean?

I like to use live bait because i feel like it is more appealing to a fish to have something that they actually eat. But I am hearing that lures are better. If that is true what lures are good ones to fishing for LMB or stripper? I fish from the shore so I dont know how easy it would be to use a lure but I want to try.

Fishing with live bait is "better", easier or can be more effective, but by some of those who use artificial lures, can be considered "cheating" or too easy.

However, I often find it is the case that if you give an artificial lure only fisherman a bucket of live bait, he won't know exactly how to use it right and therefore not to it's full advantage.

Two sides of the coin to think about.

What kind and type of lures depends on the type of fish you are fishing for and many other factors including what they are trying or want to eat and where they are located/holding and feeding. Depending on how much you decide to get into lure fishing, you can be extremely successful fishing things like plastic lures and even big largemouth bass lures right off the shore year round.

The problem is, most bass fisherman spent a lot of time figuring out how to make this work to their advantage, and are therefore not readily available to freely help you catch a bunch of fish with their technique in "their waters" without paying your dues.

Stick around and pay close attention here and on the water and you will learn quick. Ask the guys at the shops what lures are working good for what bodies of water for them right now and don't give up! You will learn quick. You are heading in the right direction just wondering how to catch more fish on artificials! IMO, it's easier than lugging bait that goes bad and stinky anyways! :Secret:

jimewing2121
07-18-2009, 09:46 PM
Fishing with live bait is "better", easier or can be more effective, but by some of those who use artificial lures, can be considered "cheating" or too easy.

However, I often find it is the case that if you give an artificial lure only fisherman a bucket of live bait, he won't know exactly how to use it right and therefore not to it's full advantage.

Two sides of the coin to think about.

What kind and type of lures depends on the type of fish you are fishing for and many other factors including what they are trying or want to eat and where they are located/holding and feeding. Depending on how much you decide to get into lure fishing, you can be extremely successful fishing things like plastic lures and even big largemouth bass lures right off the shore year round.

The problem is, most bass fisherman spent a lot of time figuring out how to make this work to their advantage, and are therefore not readily available to freely help you catch a bunch of fish with their technique in "their waters" without paying your dues.

Stick around and pay close attention here and on the water and you will learn quick. Ask the guys at the shops what lures are working good for what bodies of water for them right now and don't give up! You will learn quick. You are heading in the right direction just wondering how to catch more fish on artificials! IMO, it's easier than lugging bait that goes bad and stinky anyways! :Secret:

thanks man. That is a great answer. Honeslt it is. I had a feeling people were holding back from tellimg me everything because i see many people on here discretely promoting there fishing business.

But I will have to try some lures next time im out.