PDA

View Full Version : Are the perch still bitting

CharlieB
07-18-2009, 01:35 AM
If so where and how is the best way to catch them. Been hearing alot of stories about them but never had the pleasure of catch or tasting them.
any help would be great.....

Sierra_Smitty
07-18-2009, 12:03 PM
You're a little late in the game to get into the best bite my friend...but I'm sure a guy like you would still be able to find a few.

Here this is the latest from the best perch lake in the area.

Crowley Lake Perch Update --- July 17, 2009
The perch fishing has slowed down quite a bit, it seems most guys are targeting the
trout right now. I've been busy guiding all week, so I haven't had time to try for
any perch. I'm still seeing a few boats along the 395 shore line of McGee Bay fishing
for the perch, but I haven't had any reports from them. The only report I got this
week was from the north side of Sandy Pt. The guys were fishing 20 feet of water with
inflated crawlers for the perch. In another week or two, the perch will be moving off
of the weed beds and out into that 20 to 30 foot range. When they move out, they will
be suspended about 10 to 15 feet down. The best way to get them is to slow troll your
small size 3 Rapalas and small crank baits.

peace,
Smitty

CharlieB
07-19-2009, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the info Smitty.... Yeah late in the game is not what i am. Just been a land lover as of late. Work and kids have kept me off the water. But all that is over now. I will be in contact with you to set some stuff up. And we will go from there. Glad to see all is working out for you. Keep up the good work......

BIGRED KILLA
07-19-2009, 11:48 AM
PVR got in um 1 week ago.

Bigred

cjschock
07-20-2009, 11:41 PM
Just caught twenty yesterday at PVR. I was using curly tail grubs and minijigs. Cast out let it sink to the bottom and slowly drag it across the floor.