PDA

View Full Version : ?s on Robos/Senkos/Gulp/Flukes...

PitchFish
07-17-2009, 11:47 PM
Hey everyone, I have a few questions on plastics. I have an assortment of plastics, and I was wondering what everyones opinions/likes/dislikes are on them?

I have used roboworms alot over the past couple years, and caught a decent amount of fish. LMB at Castaic, and LMB/Trout(surprise) at Piru. Lately I have had a few friends tell me that they think Senkos are better and they pretty much swear by them?

Secondly, I have a container of the Gulp Alive Minnows. I bought them last year at the Sport Authority in Burbank. What is the best way to fish them? If I were to try and use them at Castaic/Piru, what do you think would be best?

Last, ....flukes. I have a bag of "white pearl" super flukes. I was told that fly lining those actually works well? Any thoughts on how to fish the flukes?

Thanks!!

bassassassin
07-18-2009, 03:30 AM
the gulp alive shads would work well on a drop shot

and the senkos and flukes should be worked like a texas rig accept let them fall a lot longer as they should have no weight on them, just cast them out and leave some slack line and let them fall to the bottom then when you know their on the bottom pull your rod tip up a few feet and then drop it again the bass will most likely hit it on the drop, just change up your retrieves and see which one gets bit, they are both killer baits

good luck

a biley
07-18-2009, 10:58 AM
fish the fluke like a jerkbait. thats what it really is anyways, a soft jerkbait.

Skyler
07-18-2009, 11:19 AM
Bassassasin hit the nail on the head about the gulp minnows. They rock the dropshot. Don't put as much action to them as you would a robo. I actually get a a lot of hits while suspending them motionless. They also work well for trout (I've caught more trout on them than bass in fact). I like to use a real short tag line, like 6"-8".

As for the Senkos, they are the easiest plastic to fish IMO. Just cast it out, let it sink to the bottom and sit for about 30 seconds, then reel up the slack and yo-yo it up. Let it sink again, and repeat all the way to the boat/shore. They usually hit it on the sink, so watch your line! Also, you can hook it wacky style with an o-ring and c-start it the whole way back with little twitches. Sometimes this technique will work when nothing else will.

As for the flukes, here is the most simple and effective rig I've found for them. 1/4 oz round wide gap jig head. Thread onto the jig and yo-yo it back off the bottom. 2 foot hops seem to work the best. Works equally well for LMB, striper, and inshore saltwater. You can also fish 'em on a dropshot, but make sure to use heavier line and weights, as bigger fish are gonna be hitting a 5" fluke, and it takes more weight to sink something that big. Good luck.

PitchFish
07-18-2009, 12:03 PM
Guys, thanks for the great info..I will defin. use it!