PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Overnite 7/12 - 7/13 (late report)

vertical
07-17-2009, 11:33 PM
Had a chance to get on an overnighter... went down to 22nd in san pedro and got on the freedom for the 1st time. Had a nice load of live squid and dines for bait. Got to the islands and started fishing at around 6am and almost right away.. We had 4 hits with 2 landed (i think) yellow tail... no hits for me, not even a bite. Then .... nothing... The boat moved a couple of times around the island the whole day and we did mange to hook up on some calicos, sheeps and the like... until one of the crew of the "other" sportfishing boat (regs would recognize him..hehehe) landed a 33lb yellow... very very nice... and finally on the last stop of the day, when I was resigned to going home with the usual fare, i get hit and hit hard. When the fish finally broke surface, (i was praying for a yellow...hahaha) it turned out to be a 33lb (according to the DFG lady on board the vessel) WSB. My first ever. My big thanks to the crew of freedom for the experience I would soon NOT forget. Top notch crew IMHO. Special thanks to the cook (sori forgot the name) who helped me land the fish and coached me on how not to loose it on the way up. I will definetly be back on this boat, for sure... Thanks Freedom!!!!

the pics are 1 to 2 meg in size so someone tell me how to resize them so i can post em... thanks...

JapanRon
07-18-2009, 06:43 AM
Hi vertical,

That was a stand-up report. Congrats on a first !! Using a photo-hosting site may be a good solution to sizing problems as well as a good photo editor. Resizing original to 2 or 3 inches still makes the pic look good on the internet.

Await your success and further fishing adventures,

JapanRon