PDA

View Full Version : Second time out on Castaic July 17

jimewing2121
07-17-2009, 11:13 PM
So I went to castaic on monday and just tried to fish the rocks on the lower lake. Used worms and anchovy but I had no luck.

So I decided I was going to go again today. I got up a little later then I wanted (7ish) and got out to the lake around 8am. I started by fishing the rocks on the lower lake for a little while but by around 10 i decided to give the upper lake a shot.

I dont have a boat so i was fishing from the shore. I asked the bait shop guy where a good spot might be to fish. He told me the peak right of the launch ramp. So I go a little bit past the wrap around and set up.

Im fishing with just worms. I was there for about 4 hours and i didnt get anything. No bites or anything:Angry:. I mean it was a good time. I walked about 15 feet over to a little spot with sand and walked into the water. But the fishing was a bummer.

I have a feeling I am just having a bad luck streak or something but I am hoping things will change. I really like Castaic but it sure is frustrating.

Oh! I was wondering what it means when people say they fished the boils? I am a little confused by that.

Sorry about the sorrow post. I just told everyone I would let them know how i did.

Jim

Liteweight
07-17-2009, 11:25 PM
So I went to castaic on monday and just tried to fish the rocks on the lower lake. Used worms and anchovy but I had no luck.

So I decided I was going to go again today. I got up a little later then I wanted (7ish) and got out to the lake around 8am. I started by fishing the rocks on the lower lake for a little while but by around 10 i decided to give the upper lake a shot.

I dont have a boat so i was fishing from the shore. I asked the bait shop guy where a good spot might be to fish. He told me the peak right of the launch ramp. So I go a little bit past the wrap around and set up.

Im fishing with just worms. I was there for about 4 hours and i didnt get anything. No bites or anything:Angry:. I mean it was a good time. I walked about 15 feet over to a little spot with sand and walked into the water. But the fishing was a bummer.

I have a feeling I am just having a bad luck streak or something but I am hoping things will change. I really like Castaic but it sure is frustrating.

Oh! I was wondering what it means when people say they fished the boils? I am a little confused by that.

Sorry about the sorrow post. I just told everyone I would let them know how i did.

Jim

Sorry to hear about the run of bad luck. :Sad:

You're not alone though. I've had a number of :Skunk: trips myself.

This has been the worst year at this lake and the afterbay (ie 'goon) for me since I moved here (Santa Clarita) about 30 years ago. I have mostly been focusing on the Stripers this year but the bass have also not co-operated with me!

I'm sure it's just a phase and will turn around sometime this year. We just have to find the right MOJO! :Smile:
LW