PDA

View Full Version : NO PICS SORRY!! nATIVE sUN oN sUnDaY

ghetto dad
06-25-2007, 07:46 PM
Hey guys, jumped on the Native Sun this Sunday with my homie chuy, along with about 55 gregarious anglers. Crew today was Capt Jimmy, Kevin and Jason on deck, and Cheri in the galley. Met Ray Lopez and his girl, great people, it was good meeting you man, we DEFINITELY gotta fish together again, didn’t get to hang with you as much as I would have liked to bro!!
Left the dock on time, decided to pass the bait receiver cuzz all they had was see- through pinhead chovies. Set up my gear, my 40 lb JX 2-speed Avet (YAYYYY I FINALLY GOT IT!!, thanks again Steve..you’re still a bit** though, lol!) with a large squid jig (the medium $10 one, not the $20 one), and set up my 25lb JX single speed Avet with an 8 oz weight and a B2 squid on the dropper loop for the sculpin. Got to the fishing grounds in about 1 hour, dropped the hook, and started fishing.
Jimmy told us to start fishing the bottom for the sculpin, and the squid would probably find us soon, but we didn’t know how soon!! I was dropping down to the bottom for sculpin, and about ½ way down, I got stopped!!!! SQUID ARE HERE ALREADY!!! So, after getting absolutely buttholed by that squid, which, by the way, busted me off, I decided to get out the big gun, and dropped it down. Within 5 seconds, squid #2 was on!!! Time to see if this reel was worth the money I spent on it, so I dropped it in low, slammed the rod on the rail, set the butt of the rod under my arm, and LEANED AND CRANKED!!! All I have to say is I LOVE THIS REEL!! They tried to get away, but no chance!! Don’t get me wrong, they pulled like a son of a bit**, but I could pretty much get them straight to the boat. It was WFO on them for a while, then other sport boats showed up, and spread the squid out, which was fine with me, I wanted to fish sculpin, I was having fish taco night at home. To make a long story short, I ended up with 26 giant squid, and lots and lots of sculpin!! Oh, I almost forgot, I was fishing sculpin at one point during the trip, when the squid looked like they were under the Enterprise, and I had a BIG sculpin about 2 feet below the surface, and a damn giant squid came out from under the boat, and grabbed it and ripped it off my hook!!! GRRRRRR!!!! Ok, that’s about it guys, sorry for the short report and no pics, my wife needed the camera on Sunday, I need to get one for FISHING ONLY!!!!! Once again ray, great to meet you homie, call me!!!! Peace!!

hakaveli
06-25-2007, 08:07 PM
Hey guys, jumped on the Native Sun this Sunday with my homie chuy, along with about 55 gregarious anglers. Crew today was Capt Jimmy, Kevin and Jason on deck, and Cheri in the galley. Met Ray Lopez and his girl, great people, it was good meeting you man, we DEFINITELY gotta fish together again, didn’t get to hang with you as much as I would have liked to bro!!
Left the dock on time, decided to pass the bait receiver cuzz all they had was see- through pinhead chovies. Set up my gear, my 40 lb JX 2-speed Avet (YAYYYY I FINALLY GOT IT!!, thanks again Steve..you’re still a bit** though, lol!) with a large squid jig (the medium $10 one, not the $20 one), and set up my 25lb JX single speed Avet with an 8 oz weight and a B2 squid on the dropper loop for the sculpin. Got to the fishing grounds in about 1 hour, dropped the hook, and started fishing.
Jimmy told us to start fishing the bottom for the sculpin, and the squid would probably find us soon, but we didn’t know how soon!! I was dropping down to the bottom for sculpin, and about ½ way down, I got stopped!!!! SQUID ARE HERE ALREADY!!! So, after getting absolutely buttholed by that squid, which, by the way, busted me off, I decided to get out the big gun, and dropped it down. Within 5 seconds, squid #2 was on!!! Time to see if this reel was worth the money I spent on it, so I dropped it in low, slammed the rod on the rail, set the butt of the rod under my arm, and LEANED AND CRANKED!!! All I have to say is I LOVE THIS REEL!! They tried to get away, but no chance!! Don’t get me wrong, they pulled like a son of a bit**, but I could pretty much get them straight to the boat. It was WFO on them for a while, then other sport boats showed up, and spread the squid out, which was fine with me, I wanted to fish sculpin, I was having fish taco night at home. To make a long story short, I ended up with 26 giant squid, and lots and lots of sculpin!! Oh, I almost forgot, I was fishing sculpin at one point during the trip, when the squid looked like they were under the Enterprise, and I had a BIG sculpin about 2 feet below the surface, and a damn giant squid came out from under the boat, and grabbed it and ripped it off my hook!!! GRRRRRR!!!! Ok, that’s about it guys, sorry for the short report and no pics, my wife needed the camera on Sunday, I need to get one for FISHING ONLY!!!!! Once again ray, great to meet you homie, call me!!!! Peace!!

nice going dude dame 26 squid thats alot of bait haha. will be going out durring the week for some fishing. my turn to get a 2 speed lol

one_leg
06-25-2007, 08:26 PM
Nice report ghetto dad! 26 squid, huh?
Too bad the cats don't like frozen squid as much as fresh mackrel.

One_Leg

ghetto dad
06-25-2007, 08:26 PM
thanks mike....i am glad that i bought it....now hopefully ill get to try it on some yellows or tuna this year....yeah, its safe to say even if they averaged 10 lbs, which i know they were more, i had one over 30, then i caught 260 lbs of squid... :D

hakaveli
06-25-2007, 08:34 PM
thanks mike....i am glad that i bought it....now hopefully ill get to try it on some yellows or tuna this year....yeah, its safe to say even if they averaged 10 lbs, which i know they were more, i had one over 30, then i caught 260 lbs of squid... :D

dame 260lbs of squid for breakfast lunch and dinner for 6 months ;p;

Funjunkie74
06-25-2007, 09:54 PM
Ghetto Dad,
Great Report, although it s*cks because there aren't any pictures!!
Your next purchase had better be a decent digital camera!!! LOL!!

So did you get a chance to really try out the two speed? Or did you just wind in on low gear the whole time??

FJ74

ghetto dad
06-25-2007, 10:01 PM
Ghetto Dad,
Great Report, although it s*cks because there aren't any pictures!!
Your next purchase had better be a decent digital camera!!! LOL!!

So did you get a chance to really try out the two speed? Or did you just wind in on low gear the whole time??

FJ74

no, when i didnt get bit, i had it in high gear!! :D

JapanRon
06-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Hi ghetto dad,

WTG on those, ravanous, nasty, evil creatures and the lovely, sweet tempered, friendly Sculpin.

Glad you got to get out and try out your tackle too!! Now .... go to the islands and have a fish pull on that gear! :lol:

As always ..... fun and informative read.

Giant Squid counts kinda scare me away but at least the boats later try to hit the Sculpin.

later, hope you get out more this Summer.

JapanRon

sansou
06-25-2007, 11:02 PM
26 Giant Squid?

Sounds like you did your fair share of cranking up squid!! Nice job!

You must love eating calamari..... A LOT!

Hitts0n
06-26-2007, 08:03 AM
great report!

victor101
06-26-2007, 02:03 PM
Finally, an actual report from GD! :bigsmile: i was almost starting to think you didnt know how to fish! :P daym! 26 squid? thats 26 more than ive ever cought. nice :thumb:

one_leg
06-26-2007, 02:08 PM
Finally, an actual report from GD! :bigsmile: :thumb:

:bigsmile:

:thumb:

One_Leg

Ray Lopez
06-26-2007, 03:21 PM
hey ghetto dad i think me and my g/f and her pops are gonna go this weekend for a 1/2 day not sure if we want to do a am or pm on saturday or a am on sunday

what do you think is the better bet?

Sea Murda
06-26-2007, 04:22 PM
Geez! 26 squid..........you must be buff now! lol
Good report dude!

ghetto dad
06-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Geez! 26 squid..........you must be buff now! lol
Good report dude!

lmfao sea murda!! thanks for all the props guys!!! no sea murda, you want the truth??? my fu*** back is KILLING me......i still cant believe i got that many, i wanted to give up after 6 or 7....but after spending what i spent on that 2 speed, i worked the reel HARD!!! peace

06-27-2007, 11:50 AM
Nice ghetto report with no pictures.... :banana: