PDA

View Full Version : 3/4 day charter out of dana point

christainmetalhead909
07-17-2009, 07:20 PM
went out on a light load of 19, went down to the kelp wide open on calicos a lot of shorts, a lot of short barracudas also. black sea bass came up right to the boat ate my short calico and took me down to the depths to strip my line off. it was a awesome site though, about a 70 lb bsb . this guy lost 4 big fish first two white sea bass other two yellow tail idk how. this charter had a lot o newbs and it kinda sucked dealing with them. end of the day saw a school of yellows 4 or 5 of them one hooked up and lost others chasing bait but didnt want to bite any lines. fun day no pics to busy fishing.

popeyoung2
07-17-2009, 07:42 PM
Thanks for a solid report. Were you fishing south of dana pt. San Mateo pt. or down by the domes? love to hear. thanks again...

supasportkid
07-17-2009, 08:35 PM
that must of ben a crazy site to see! thanks for the report

JapanRon
07-18-2009, 06:36 AM
Hi 909,

Please forgive me, I always shorten any boardname over 20 letters/numbers. ;) Must have been a little frustrating with the newbies but with the lite load ... you may have had a chance to avoid a lot of what happens.

It's kinda frustrating to see your line leaving the spool at an alarming rate with the feeling it ain't gonna stop !! Got an aside on that issue.

Thank you for the report,

JapanRon

HESBROS
07-18-2009, 11:40 AM
Thanks for a solid report. Were you fishing south of dana pt. San Mateo pt. or down by the domes? love to hear. thanks again...

Whe nwe were out Tue we seen a couple schools of YT off the domes and just below around San O Kelp. By the time we moved to them they sank out.

christainmetalhead909
07-18-2009, 02:19 PM
we wefishing south of the domes about 30 min south of the domes. the yellows showed up around the domes i think it was a little more north at the last stop of the day. i think i would rather be crouded then wish with new people i tried to teach them but the were to stubborn to listen to me.

trlrtrsh67
07-18-2009, 03:22 PM
Sounds like an eventful trip! Last time I fished with a bunch of newbs I got skunked and they got yellow tail! At least you got some!

Man you gotta be cookin right now, it's in the low 90's up here so I can only imagine what you all got goin down there!

popeyoung2
07-18-2009, 04:51 PM
we wefishing south of the domes about 30 min south of the domes. the yellows showed up around the domes i think it was a little more north at the last stop of the day. i think i would rather be crouded then wish with new people i tried to teach them but the were to stubborn to listen to me.

Were the white sea bass south of the domes or north near the yellows? thanks for the info. tight lines

deanhall32
07-18-2009, 08:16 PM
Would this be considered an NBU ninja run?

ghetto dad
07-30-2009, 07:34 PM
Would this be considered an NBU ninja run?

mean Coach....

Great job Brad!!! Thanks man

GD

That Dang Guy
07-31-2009, 12:27 PM
Hi 909,

Please forgive me, I always shorten any boardname over 20 letters/numbers. ;) Must have been a little frustrating with the newbies but with the lite load ... you may have had a chance to avoid a lot of what happens.

It's kinda frustrating to see your line leaving the spool at an alarming rate with the feeling it ain't gonna stop !! Got an aside on that issue.

Thank you for the report,

JapanRon

LOL! I'm the total opposite, I love the feeling of my spool getting ripped! I know it's time to button down the hatches and put the hammer down. I was fishing YFT last year on a 300 size baitcaster. It would fly through 3/4 to 4/5 of the spool in the initial run. All I could do was keep the tip up and keep the pressure on. Nothing is as exhilarating that. ;)

christainmetalhead909
07-31-2009, 09:38 PM
LOL! I'm the total opposite, I love the feeling of my spool getting ripped! I know it's time to button down the hatches and put the hammer down. I was fishing YFT last year on a 300 size baitcaster. It would fly through 3/4 to 4/5 of the spool in the initial run. All I could do was keep the tip up and keep the pressure on. Nothing is as exhilarating that. ;)

i def agree with that but i would like to catch the fish lol