PDA

View Full Version : The Duct,,KPN magic,,,Finally ,a little time for FISHING,,7/16/09

trail blazer
07-17-2009, 06:09 PM
Been super buisy with work for 3 weeks now,But was able to fit in a cpl hrs trying out my new KPN SKINNY SHAD.

I got to my spot at abought 7 40 pm ,,, Walked up over the bank and what do i see? 7 other people there :Rolls Eyes:,,,,,.

Asked thelm if they were doing any good and they hadn,t got a bite at all<bait and wait>.

The area i wanted to throw my lure was kinda open so i asked the guy nearest to that area if he minded if i tossed a lure around there for a bit and he said no problem,NICE GUY TOO.

3rd cast WHAMMO,,FISH ON:Big Grin:,,,,,,,,24 inches
Bought 20 min later WHAMMO,,,,,,,,,,,Another 1,,,,,,,,,22 inches.

Then the gates opened up just upstream and the bite was over,,MOSS ,MOSS ,MOSS:mad:.

Total caught =2
bait and wait guys=0
Only got a pic of 1 of thelm and gave thelm both away,,,,they were HAPPY.

KAHN,,,,,your lure is a winner,,,,,,casts great,,runs true,,,love the chrome hooks.
HERES THE PIC,,,sorry bout the filthy shirt:Embarrassed:,,,,,,had myself a little slip and fall,,,O,WELL

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/carlysimps/100_2484.jpg

Thanks
TRAIL BLAZER

cutbait
07-17-2009, 07:08 PM
I LOVE the sunset pic. Killen the stripes..

gatblood
07-17-2009, 07:59 PM
Way to go killing striper with a new lurer first time out.

FINSMACKDOWN
07-17-2009, 08:21 PM
Great job TB! that new paint job is SIIIICK! The KpN rocks.

kpn
07-17-2009, 10:17 PM
Scott,
Congrats on your first KPN's fishes (and more to come :Wink:).
I like the comparision from you and bait & wait guys ......That's funny bro :LOL:.
They are in there!!!!! Go get em.

Khanh.

Liteweight
07-17-2009, 11:02 PM
WOW!!! Color me impressed. :Applause:

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN...A TRUE SPORTSMAN. :Not Worthy:

That was very nice of you to give the fish away.

Thanks for the post.
LW

RamboBoy
07-17-2009, 11:28 PM
WTG! Congrats to your new KPN

Did they were surprised that you caught two striped bass with the KPN? Probably they will learn from you to using a casting lure instead of the bait-n-wait.

trail blazer
07-18-2009, 07:39 AM
Scott,
Congrats on your first KPN's fishes (and more to come :Wink:).
I like the comparision from you and bait & wait guys ......That's funny bro :LOL:.
They are in there!!!!! Go get em.

Khanh.

KILLER PAINT JOB KAHN!!!!!!!
Action is quite a bit diferent then the RAT TRAPS that im used too.

kpn lure runs deeper and has a tighter wiggle<XLNT ACTION>.

Also it has action on the DEAD FALL ,,,this will be deadly when the water is at a complete standstill !!!.

cutbait
07-18-2009, 07:42 AM
Kahn, I need to get a price from you for like 10.

TroutOnly
07-18-2009, 08:25 AM
CONGRATS T/B ON THE KPN STRIPEY, NOW YOU WILL SLAYIN AT WILL LIKE OL GARY,,,,THE BAIT AND WAIT BOYS MOST HAVE BEEN A LITTLE BUTT HURT WITH YOU STEPPIN UP AND PUTTING THE SMACKDOWN ON THE STRIPERS, GREAT JOB MAN,,,,t/o

kpn
07-18-2009, 08:50 AM
Kahn, I need to get a price from you for like 10.

Cutbait,
Check your PM.

Khanh.

yolo
07-18-2009, 09:59 AM
Nice going TB. I too like the tight wobble. For the wider and deeper sections like you guys fish in Kern County, the quick fall and 1oz size is perfect. There are some really narrow sections here in the AV and I wish there was a 3/4 oz version available. I like the 1oz too and it actually works better in the weedy/mossy scenario that is currently at the duct because this KPN lure still has action and wiggle with even moss stuck to it. Traps get killed on the action in the same scenarios. The bulkier lipless cranks like the Rapala Clack and the Xcalibur XR's plain suck with the water speed and weeds because of their more wider and bouyant profile. The KPN is a perfect duct lure. Khanh you need to make it in a 3/4oz just for me and my area of the narrower and shallower duct :)

trail blazer
07-18-2009, 10:57 PM
Nice going TB. I too like the tight wobble. For the wider and deeper sections like you guys fish in Kern County, the quick fall and 1oz size is perfect. There are some really narrow sections here in the AV and I wish there was a 3/4 oz version available. I like the 1oz too and it actually works better in the weedy/mossy scenario that is currently at the duct because this KPN lure still has action and wiggle with even moss stuck to it. Traps get killed on the action in the same scenarios. The bulkier lipless cranks like the Rapala Clack and the Xcalibur XR's plain suck with the water speed and weeds because of their more wider and bouyant profile. The KPN is a perfect duct lure. Khanh you need to make it in a 3/4oz just for me and my area of the narrower and shallower duct :)

I know what you mean,,,,My last trip down there i couldnt keep my lure off the concrete on the other side:Embarrassed:,,,,,,,,Just so dialed in on the duct up here that it was hard to RE,PROGRAM my arm,,,LOL,,,,TRUE STORY!!

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-20-2009, 10:03 AM
KILLER PAINT JOB KAHN!!!!!!!
Action is quite a bit diferent then the RAT TRAPS that im used too.

kpn lure runs deeper and has a tighter wiggle<XLNT ACTION>.

Also it has action on the DEAD FALL ,,,this will be deadly when the water is at a complete standstill !!!.

A huge congratulations, I do happen to know those thinks work great….the list goes on why they do.

Glad to see that you made some time to get out and I see you were fortunate to have the right time available b4 the gates opened up, that salad shuts the fishability off instantly !

Glad ya got on a couple b4 the salad saturation began !

Nice work out there, Salute !

As for the lure on the sink: I caught several on the sink, one of those being about 11 lbs, the lure has a great “sailing” action when it’s allowed to sink without too much tension, I let it sink through a bowed line but I ALWAYS have my left index finger slightly contacting the line where it comes out of the level wind, this allows me super sensitivy through the seaguar abrasX 15 lb test I use, I usually will sense a strong tick type sensation through the slack line and then I furiously reel the slack up while setting the hook.

That doesn’t occur regularly but it sure is sweet when it does cause the battle is on as soon as the cast begins..

Anyway, another huge congrats on the quality feesh…nice work out there, I’m still going to head back out there sometime soon, my one trip and skunk doesn’t disway me from returning on a rampage….”Ill be back !”

Till then, tell them stripey hello for me and keep letting them feel that KPN steel !

Salute !
Gary