PDA

View Full Version : first post aquaduct questions

smokecdxx
07-17-2009, 03:37 PM
hello,
just got on this site because i figured i could pick everyones brains for knowledge. haha

im pretty new to fishing and i have lived in the av my whole life but i only started fishing the aquaduct about two weeks ago. i did some homework online but didnt really find too much besides stripper bill. and that is helpful to an extent but i would like to know if any of you guys have any other advice such as some good spots i have gone to the ave. n and 70th a few times and gotten some hits but nothing was taking the bait. i have also hit the cheeseboro road spot but i knew nothing of aqua duct fishing and was not using the right lures or bait. and i would love to pull out a striper or a cat...i just need a little help.like i said im pretty new to fishing and i love it. but i do need some help.

i got a print out for rigs from a member on here already but knowing how to set up baits and what kinds and anything that could help me. i mean i have caught fish at the other places i have gone like brite lake, apollo park(10 baby trout lol), and the little rock dam. so i mean its not like im completely failing as a beginner fisherman. but i would like to hook something substantial. i think im going to be going camping at castaic lake in about 2 weeks so any info on that would be helpful as well no boat so shore fishing all the way. lol

thank you to whoever reads and has some input and if you have any questions just ask.

thanks

kevin

Cangler
07-17-2009, 03:52 PM
Pyramid would be your best bet for stipers or channels .
Fish south of the marina.

smokecdxx
07-17-2009, 04:00 PM
do you have a preferance on bait?

Liteweight
07-17-2009, 10:45 PM
hello,
just got on this site because i figured i could pick everyones brains for knowledge. haha

im pretty new to fishing and i have lived in the av my whole life but i only started fishing the aquaduct about two weeks ago. i did some homework online but didnt really find too much besides stripper bill. and that is helpful to an extent but i would like to know if any of you guys have any other advice such as some good spots i have gone to the ave. n and 70th a few times and gotten some hits but nothing was taking the bait. i have also hit the cheeseboro road spot but i knew nothing of aqua duct fishing and was not using the right lures or bait. and i would love to pull out a striper or a cat...i just need a little help.like i said im pretty new to fishing and i love it. but i do need some help.

i got a print out for rigs from a member on here already but knowing how to set up baits and what kinds and anything that could help me. i mean i have caught fish at the other places i have gone like brite lake, apollo park(10 baby trout lol), and the little rock dam. so i mean its not like im completely failing as a beginner fisherman. but i would like to hook something substantial. i think im going to be going camping at castaic lake in about 2 weeks so any info on that would be helpful as well no boat so shore fishing all the way. lol

thank you to whoever reads and has some input and if you have any questions just ask.

thanks

kevin

Sorry but can't offer much in the way of the strippeees. Just getting back into it myself. I can add that if you ever decide to fish Castaic for stripers, don't forget sardines for bait. Seems that the fish have an affinity for them. There is a lot of info from other members.

I assume if you're camping @ Castaic you're refering to the afterbay (aka. lagoon parking lot C). If this is the case and you're talking about fishing the 'goon, you want to fish early and late. After 10ish or so the bite should die off and that should be your cue to nap or find other entertainment. It will probably be very hot!!! Then sometime after 4-5ish til dark should also be good (especially after dark). The best thing is that you won't have to travel far. Just walk down to the water from the campground. I've found over the years (I've lived/fished up here for about 30 years) that the east side has some of the best summer fishing @ this time of year. Try topwater in the morning with plastics and cranks (Rattle baits) and plastics in the evening.

If you're camping/fishing in the group section on the west side you might find fishing more difficult due to the heavier weed growth on that side of the lagoon (in the swim beach area). I don't even float tube that side much during the summer.

Good luck.
LW

smokecdxx
07-18-2009, 01:21 PM
awesome thank you very much for the info....hopefully i will be able to catch some things lol

bassgrandslam
07-18-2009, 04:22 PM
FYI......... no stripers in the lagoon.

fishfinder
07-18-2009, 06:03 PM
throw anchovies or sardines in 1" pieces on a #4 owner circle hook from shore. use a sliding weight. if you don't get anything in 30 minutes, move to another spot.