PDA

View Full Version : King Harbor 7-16-09

bonitoboy
07-17-2009, 01:04 PM
Went to KH yesterday afternoon. Water was choppy, wind was up, water was dirty, fish finder on the blink, all the right conditions to stay in the harbor. Started off with a couple short calico bass. Lost a few more to the kelp and broken hooks. I bought a package of gamakatsu drop shot hooks and I find that you can really only use them about a couple of times before they start rusting out. Splashes of bonito boils here and there and tried to pick off a couple but the mack are 2seconds thick now and was pretty much impossible (for example, I had small iron that was hanging over the edge of my boat, the motion of the boat dipped the lure in the water and back out. A mack followed it out of the water about a couple inches and hooked himself.) Picked up some mack for my cat and went home.

DrGrnthmb
07-25-2009, 07:37 PM
yeah i know the feeling...i took a skiff outta Rocky Pt. that same week...the bones would breeze though and u could see them, nice size too, but the macks were damn near jumping in the boat, couldn't get thru them....good job on the calico's though... Saw the bonies by the yacht club and a spearfisherman nailed a #30 Halibut right over there too...

TroutOnly
07-30-2009, 07:29 AM
Good job,,,,,,,,