PDA

View Full Version : Big bass lock-down w/ art berry

jrfrmhbg
07-17-2009, 11:34 AM
My fishing partner Stu booked a trip w/ Art Berry for Thursday 7-16. Stu requested a trip targeting mature fish. We weren't concerend about numbers except in pounds. As you'll see by the photos Art did his thing....again.

We hooked up w/ Art in the DVL lot around 6 and as normal Art was ready with a game plan and a positive attitude. He informed us he located several large schools of feeding mature fish. What more can you ask for, pro guidence, large bass with the feed bag strapped on and great company for the day.

Within the first hour they both had boated several tournament busting fish and I was still skunked. With a little adjustment to my set up I was on with my first pig of the day soon after. As Art says...the little details are what makes the most difference. Needless to say, quality fished we wanted, quality fish we had.

We fished to about 3pm and called it a day. We landed about 20 QUALITY fish with a dink stripper thrown in for added flavor. It's the fish we wern't able to land that will haunt me until my next trip. We each hooked multible fish that "dog-boned" to deep structure and wrapped us up.

We banged fish using multiple techniques in multiple areas during our float...soft plastics, swimbaits, reaction baits, and top water. School was in session all day. As always, I learned so much during the day I wrote a cheat sheet when I got home in order to retain as much info as possible. Art is so forthcoming with his knowledge it's easy to become overloaded.

Thanks Art for another epic day on the Jewel. Good luck to everyone.

HEMAN
07-17-2009, 01:16 PM
now those are some nice fish! good job out there!

fishntime
07-17-2009, 02:17 PM
Oh YEAH! Art knows his stuff. Cant wait till they improve the ramps at DVL!