PDA

View Full Version : fishing in san luis obisbo county

eyedea
07-17-2009, 10:20 AM
hi, i used to live in san luis obisbo, and i have moved to minnesota since then and i am coming down to visit and have since moving here gotten into fishing and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for things place etc. i am looking more towards saltwater but im up for freshwater too. i was thinking of fishing out of morro bay and renting a kayak but i have really no idea, so im wondering if anyone has a good idea

Fisherman57
07-17-2009, 10:38 AM
Welcome to the board!

Some good surf fishing can be had on the central coast..... here's a link that may help get you started.......

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=14334

fisherman from long beach
07-17-2009, 11:55 AM
thats a good thread,thats my second time going over it.that got me inspired to go fishing tomorrow.the old lady doesnt know that yet better buy flowers.lol

rusty6
07-17-2009, 01:27 PM
hey i live in slo, pm me or ambassadorhawg, we both have a good idea of whats going on in this area.

troutslayer05
07-17-2009, 06:17 PM
Rusty you been fishing marg latley?

rusty6
07-18-2009, 03:25 AM
man, ive never even been to santa margarita haha...ive been doing alot of nothing since my knee surgery. gunna do a bit of sharking pretty soon here.

eyedea
07-20-2009, 02:29 AM
hey i live in slo, pm me or ambassadorhawg, we both have a good idea of whats going on in this area.

ya, i will be in town the 20-25 and im up for anything really, and any info, tips tricks, etc is much appreshed

thank you for the link that was really helpful and informative, actually would like to try that but possibly next time, since this was kinda spur of the moment. i had been reading that leopard sharks were fished up in morro bay and this seems like it would be a blast, but again i think next time