PDA

View Full Version : catalina 7-15

supasportkid
07-16-2009, 10:16 PM
the day started off very bad. i couldnt find my fishing license. so we got down to the boat around 430. we loaded it up and added some fuel, and looked again for my license! then i took a short drive over to lb marina sportfishing and bought a 1 day license. then we were movin, got a half scoop of squid at the barge. smooth water almost all the way to the island. we immediately started hookin up the calicos. we got a few legals each and lots of shorts. then i hook into something big rite on the bottom. felt like a big hali, after 15 minutes it turned out to be a welll over 30 pound ray! DAM! then i seen some cudas swim by so i started throwing half pieces of frozen sardines to keep them around. i landed a 35 incher, my dad landed a 30. then a few more shorts and 1 to the dogs. we moved a few times, all on the front/middle. the last spot i landed a healthy sized sculpin and a few more bass. on the way home 20 miles out of l.b was a nice sized patty, we drifted by it 4 times throwin irons and squid for nothin but a 30 second fight from a mystery fish. it was real windy, and the swell was rough, but a bad day turned to a decent one. i still havnt found my actual license, but i did find the back paper so i can get a replacement. sorry no pics, and a long read

murrieta angler
07-17-2009, 08:55 AM
At least you're out there fishing. MYSTERY FISH, HMMMM?!?

JapanRon
07-17-2009, 03:56 PM
Hi supasportkid,

Thanks for the recap !! Huh !? Long read ? Oh my eyes .... Oh my eyes.... now they're all tired out ! ;)

WTG on getting fish for dad,

Hope the mystery fish was a yellow !!

JapanRon