PDA

View Full Version : Perris Launch Ramp Question.

Billy Bass
07-16-2009, 06:26 PM
Question about the lake Perris launch ramp. One of my rich friends who has his own boat, told me that only two of the ramps are open for boat launching. If this is true, thn, does anybody know if people can fish off the other two ramps??
Please don't suggest the marina dock. Tried that; It was a f**king joke.

tacklejunkie
07-16-2009, 07:01 PM
Sometimes they have kicked me off the ramp docks and sometimes they have let me fish them. Seems like they can call it how they want.

What kind of fish are you targeting?

The marina docks own. I do better over there than off the launch ramp docks.
I've lost HUGE fish in there and landed a few lil chunks.
Don't give up on that area just yet!
The known lake record bass was caught in here.
Year round structure regardless of water height. Smart, big fish would like it.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/Perris-%2011-8/CIMG1845.jpg

Billy Bass
07-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Maybe I'll try it again. It seemed like there was alot of people crammed into a tiny area, and all they were catching were poker chip sized bluegill.

I would like to target bluegill, redear and whatever. I'm handicapped, that's why I really like the launch ramps. Good times there ol' buddy!

tacklejunkie
07-16-2009, 09:46 PM
From what I remember/if I remember right, they are improving the walkway down from the marina store to the marina docks.
You can park right at the store and give it a shot.

Don't worry about all the people. Just walk around and shoehorn right in between. It's not too bad and they (other fishermen) usually keep to themselves. When you start catching, you'll be their best friend.

You might try the east end (11&12) with some crickets, mealies or cut up nightcrawlers fished a couple feet down under a bobber just outside what is left of the weed lines. Small trout jigs on light line will probably do it for the larger ones too. You'll see them jumpin' around out there frequently. Lots of baby bass fry and baby shad too I think busting an early hatch of midge sized flies in the weeds first thing in the morning. Been thinking about bringing the fly down there pretty soon. Shorts wading weather for sure! They just finished the launch ramp in power cove so it has a concrete ramp now with an easy walk down the hill.