PDA

View Full Version : Castaic lagoon messin around july 16

swimbait101
07-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Hey guys i got up to the lagoon today.got some sandwiches and nightcrawlers first. as soon as i got there it was a ghost town. i saw a kayaker and 2 shore ppl. As my dad and i are taking the boat off, i hear splashing. i look over and a trout is jumping ot=ut of the water probably getting chased by a bass. I walk around and start to see many fry everywhere. When i lauched off, i start fishing for some bluegill left of the ramp. ites but no hookups.Then i move to the bouy line . i fish there for 40 min then go to the big tree on the corner area of the lagoon.now im seeing big sunfish and LMB fry from 3-13 inches. i break out my trout rod with a flylined worm. obviously im getting hit by the sunnies noot the bass.i caught i think 4 on the worms.i ran out of worms so i used the gulp alive 1 in minnow and caught them with that.i caught 7 in all then decided to leave for the ramp. on shore it was still a ghost town.1 guys on fishing dock, 2 ppl on riprap, and 3 boats. as soon as i beach i see hundreds of Baby LMB from 2-15 inches. i tried to get them but nothing. Then i see 3 HUGE shadows appear.They are bass i estimate from 6-10 pounds.i try everything to catch them but then they leave after 10 minutes

swimbait101
07-16-2009, 09:15 PM
i know SOME secrets...

JohnMarino
07-16-2009, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the report...

i know SOME secrets...

Can I know LOL The last thing I caught from the lower lake was a COLD lol

swimbait101
07-17-2009, 10:23 PM
haha
one is swimbait
haha

Liteweight
07-17-2009, 10:49 PM
At least you avioded the :Skunk:
Thanks for the post.
LW

Ray Lopez
07-18-2009, 09:24 AM
use the drop shot with shad colors with a 2 foot leader from the weight.

you will slay right now on the bass.

i've been killing um recently that way fishing the swim beach and in paradise cove.

also later in the day they have been hitting glass shad raps slow trolling it thru the bait balls.

good job avoiding the skunk

swimbait101
07-18-2009, 04:30 PM
ohh really, thanks Ray, when u are fishing in paradise, are you fishing the breakline or the point???? are u fishing the north or south part of the swim beach??

thanks