PDA

View Full Version : Dana Point 7/14

HESBROS
07-15-2009, 10:28 PM
Our two sisters have been wanting to go out fishing on the boat so Rich and I met them down at Dana Point at 0500, had the boat in the water and off to get bait by 0530. Got a nice mix of healthy Dines and Chovies from Jeff at Ca. Bait Co. (Thanks Jeff).

I headed offshore to the west/southwest about 13 miles to take a look around, warmest water I found was 67.9/68.0. We headed south from there as our plans were to fish the coast down south. Lots of life out there but no fish that we found. As soon as we were down off the Barn kelp we headed towards the coast. About 8 miles off the Barn we found a couple paddy's with birds on them. We threw some baits but had no pick ups. Did not see nor meter any fish or bait. We did not really soak em long though.

We got into the Barn and there were a couple other boats not doing a whole lot. We fished here and there for a few pick ups by small Cuda's that could not eat the dines. We did not stick around there too long as the girls wanted to go fish for Halibut, so we headed up to the domes. We spent from about 0930 till 1830 drifting off the domes. We had about 15 short butts and 3 legals and an assortment of bass (all released).

Here are some pics.

My sister Susan working on getting a legal.
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_2981.jpg

Tammy got this one at 23". Good enough!
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_2983.jpg

I got this one at 25".
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_2979.jpg

And Rich got this one at 28".
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_2985.jpg

No legal for Susan this time.

Weather was nice and the wind never really came up in the afternoon. Great day for some family time the Hesbros and Hesbroads!

ghetto dad
07-15-2009, 10:34 PM
Nice report man....I envy the time you get to spend on the water homie....

GD

klocked
07-15-2009, 10:35 PM
Cool!! Good to see you finally get on some legals again Eddie!! Congrats to the Hesbros and Hesbroad:LOL: You'll get yours next time Susan:Wink:

klocked
07-15-2009, 10:38 PM
I just noticed that Rich is almost smiling...... almost :LOL:

TShaffer
07-15-2009, 11:05 PM
Three legals in one day sounds like a good day to me. Hopefully your sister gets her legal soon.

HESBROS
07-15-2009, 11:27 PM
Dont get me wrong guys, Susan has caught her share of legals, like 4 in one day with one over 40lbs!

JapanRon
07-16-2009, 07:10 AM
Hi HESBROS,

Hummm Awesome fishing family that's for sure. Nice fishys.

JapanRon

supasportkid
07-16-2009, 09:53 AM
nice hali's. good job man

vince champion
07-17-2009, 01:28 AM
Very nice hali. Good job!

Jaysuuun
07-18-2009, 12:05 PM
Congrats! Those are some nice looking flatties. Looked like a warm day out there of fishing out there. We'll be sure to bring our sunblock. :Cool:

flyngby
07-18-2009, 09:04 PM
I see my Computer is again failing me as far as the alerts to the HESBROS posts!

I wondered why there were no Harbor Reports this week!!!

Glad to see some Fish Tacos come to the HESBROS Dinner Table! They were long overdue!!!!!!

3 out of 4 legals for the family members is not bad!

The real work begins on Sunday Morning for you my little buddy!!!!! Good luck and hope things go well!!!!

Talk to ya soon!!

Steve

flyngby
07-18-2009, 09:16 PM
Congrats! Those are some nice looking flatties. Looked like a warm day out there of fishing out there. We'll be sure to bring our sunblock. :Cool:

Jaysuuun and Tesserz,

I would take that as you got an invite aboard the HESBROS!!!!!! Congrats

Be prepared for more of a Magic Mountain Amusement Park ride versus the Disneyland Experience of the Harbor!!!!!:Bug Eyes:

Be nice to them Skipper!!!!:Big Smile:

klocked
07-19-2009, 12:04 AM
Jaysuuun and Tesserz,

I would take that as you got an invite aboard the HESBROS!!!!!! Congrats

Be prepared for more of a Magic Mountain Amusement Park ride versus the Disneyland Experience of the Harbor!!!!!:Bug Eyes:

Be nice to them Skipper!!!!:Big Smile:

Heheheh....... HANG ON!! even if you think you won't have to!!:ROFL:
I almost gave myself a black eye during one of Eddie's airborn stunts :ROFL:

HESBROS
07-19-2009, 12:09 AM
Heheheh....... HANG ON!! even if you think you won't have to!!:ROFL:
I almost gave myself a black eye during one of Eddie's airborn stunts :ROFL:
Oh C'mon guys! Not my fault that you and steve, who are looking the same direction as me cant tell when we are about to hit a big wave :Shocked:.
And dont scare my future guests out of not going......Gotta keepem around for lobster season so we have a full crew!

klocked
07-19-2009, 12:10 AM
Oh C'mon guys! Not my fault that you and steve, who are looking the same direction as me cant tell when we are about to hit a big wave :Shocked:.
And dont scare my future guests out of not going......Gotta keepem around for lobster season so we have a full crew!

At least I didn't mention almost landing in the bait tank too!! :ROFL:

Tesserz
07-19-2009, 02:21 AM
At least I didn't mention almost landing in the bait tank too!! :ROFL:

:Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: WONDERFUL. Thanks for the warning guys.

It's my first time on the wide open ocean... the Spotted Fever is the biggest fishing boat I've ever been on.
So on the HESBROS I get to look forward to getting sick, getting knocked out, and falling into a tank of nasty bait. :ROFL: Great!!

Well, as long as we catch some cool fish it'll all be worth it. :Cool: Can't wait!

klocked
07-19-2009, 10:17 AM
Eddie knows the limits of his boat and the ability of his passengers to remain upright so you guys will be in safe hands. But for sure you'll need to hold on because the boat truly hauls halibutt.