PDA

View Full Version : Utah lake info???

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
07-15-2009, 10:28 PM
I got some good info from luc25 on the utah scene, nice bass pics man wish the wife would let me do a detour through there on the way to slt lake. but that looks real dim. so my question is, whats the best set up to catch walleye?is it like fishing for bass or for trout? any walleye info would help and i would love to repost my doings and give credit where credit is do?

GOODTIMES

baloneysandwich
07-19-2009, 08:08 PM
I lived right by Utah Lake and would just say good luck on the walleyes this time of year. If you want to catch them go during early spring as soon as the ice comes off, you'll want to head near the Provo River inlet or the bubble up and use you're standard Rapalas or spoons in bright colors as the water is murky as hell. This time of year you are better off going after Catfish(Nightcrawler on a bobber or some shrimp or liver) or white bass(Little spinners like a mepps). If you catch a white bass it'll make nice bait for the big Cats.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
07-19-2009, 08:13 PM
I lived right by Utah Lake and would just say good luck on the walleyes this time of year. If you want to catch them go during early spring as soon as the ice comes off, you'll want to head near the Provo River inlet or the bubble up and use you're standard Rapalas or spoons in bright colors as the water is murky as hell. This time of year you are better off going after Catfish(Nightcrawler on a bobber or some shrimp or liver) or white bass(Little spinners like a mepps). If you catch a white bass it'll make nice bait for the big Cats.
thanx bro, but im as determined to catch walleye but cats do sound good..i just don't like to bait and wait...hold on i forgot i got 6 other poles..lolol

baloneysandwich
10-17-2009, 06:50 PM
How did your trip go?

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
10-17-2009, 08:55 PM
went good bro thanx for asking..no catches of walleyes but did do a liltrout fishing in mill creek up on 300 south in salt lake city...love utah planning on retireing there...the way the economy is that might be early..

fishfinder
10-27-2009, 10:23 PM
i caught walleye in willard bay resevoir, like b/s said early spring when they move in shallow to spawn. i used 2" pearl white curly tail grubs with smelly jelly on them, in about 2' of water by any cover. catch them in minnesota trolling shad raps with a little orange on the bottem of them.