PDA

View Full Version : Got lucky with Art Berry!

BassEngineer
07-15-2009, 10:20 PM
So I went to DVL today to fish alone on 1/2 price Wed.
After I got my rental, I ran into Art in the parking lot. He said he had a guide trip today, but the clients never showed up. (Shame on you!)

We chatted for a little bit, and I offered Art to ride with me...and lucky me, he took me up on it. We only fished a few hours, but we had some quality bites.

He hooked me up with a couple techniques that are solid at DVL. Art's biggest was about 5.5 - 6lber...and he had a few others that were right around 4 lbs.

He lost a few fish, as did I...my biggest was about 3lbs.

After Art left I fished on my own a few more hours...I fished the technique he showed me and I was able to hook into about 12 more fish....biggest being about 3 lbs.

I had a great time. I have been out with other guides, but Art is the best I have been with. He helped me so much, and gave me some tackle also.

Of course my camera was dead...I do have a couple of pics on my blackberry but I can't find the dang USB cable!!

The Angler
07-16-2009, 12:35 AM
Pretty sweet deal, Art hooked u up with some free schooling. Art seems like a real Classy dude. Maybe one day I can book a trip with him.:Wink:

BassEngineer
07-17-2009, 11:38 PM
Yeah he did hook me up. :Big Grin:
I had a great time. I will probably book a real trip with him in the near future.