PDA

View Full Version : Catfish in the Aqueduct?

rednek
07-15-2009, 04:27 PM
Anyone out there fish in the Aqueduct very much? Would like to take my boy out for some Catfish figure they will be a little easier to hook up than the Stripers?

Any feedback appreciated....

bassgrandslam
07-15-2009, 11:53 PM
depends on your sons skill level. palmdale...... cats only.......lancaster.......stripers are mixed in. most important thing is to fish according to water flow. its easier when its slow fishing bait. more luck on chicken livers but they are hader to keep down then worms. used anchovies along time ago. never did as well as chicken livers. I never used worms in the duct. lure are more fun!

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-16-2009, 05:05 PM
lotsa kitty's....chicken liver or anchovies will get them, theres allot of smaller ones but current flow is heavy at times, if you get there with the gates open 1/4 or less you should do well....1/2 open or more equals algae and your gonna have a rough time..

now is a good time for kitty's but I don't know if the conditions are favorable for you to take your child....the fish are there but not always easy to fish around the moss/algae flowing down the current..

Your call, I cant tell ya not to, it could be ON ! or it could be NOT !

hard to say, I don't fish for them much there but I see many doing it...

You may want to consider quail lake, not sure of the bite but I've seen many more catfish fisherman there in the last month !

It's certainly a better enviroment for the kids....remember, I am not telling you the bite is on there, just a suggestion !
Good luck,
Gary

bassgrandslam
07-16-2009, 07:46 PM
lotsa kitty's....chicken liver or anchovies will get them, theres allot of smaller ones but current flow is heavy at times, if you get there with the gates open 1/4 or less you should do well....1/2 open or more equals algae and your gonna have a rough time..

now is a good time for kitty's but I don't know if the conditions are favorable for you to take your child....the fish are there but not always easy to fish around the moss/algae flowing down the current..

Your call, I cant tell ya not to, it could be ON ! or it could be NOT !

hard to say, I don't fish for them much there but I see many doing it...

You may want to consider quail lake, not sure of the bite but I've seen many more catfish fisherman there in the last month !

It's certainly a better enviroment for the kids....remember, I am not telling you the bite is on there, just a suggestion !
Good luck,
Gary

yeah, i forgot, the sides are steep smooth and sliperry. its dangerouse climbing down to th water everytime you try to net one. definitely bring a net so you dont have to get to close.
t
quail is good for kids cuz lots of dinks. cats and stripers. free parking. the problem....no real bathrooms. porta jons in parking lot only (mostly used as rest stop/nasty!!!!!!!). but you can fish there at nite also! the inlet is best for big kitties, but hard to get to.

okie-noodler
08-11-2009, 03:40 PM
you should contact CHADMAN09 HE'S BEEN hitting the duct @ hesperia and doing very well w/ the cats!

Hitts0n
08-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Fish it at night