PDA

View Full Version : Chatterday Night Neon Dink Bassfest 7-14

tacklejunkie
07-15-2009, 11:14 AM

bsp
07-15-2009, 11:41 AM
http://www.thewiredangler.com/wiredangler/2009/06/fishin-with-the-revenge-viberator.html

This might give you a few ideas on trailers TJ. Think swimbaits...

I'll be trying a 3/8oz Chartreuse shad Revenge with a 3in BH swimbait tail for spotties soon.

Good job on those fish! Ninja fishing is something I haven't done, but it looks like a good time. The bass seem to be more active at night.

Have you tired throwing a big wake bait or other large topwater at night? They are supposed to work very well for larger bass. Think a Wake Jr or Born Again from 3:16 for places with a lot of 5lb and up bass, or a Baby Wake for the 3 to 7lbers.

That Dang Guy
07-15-2009, 12:16 PM
Damn TJ! We need to hook up sometime and do some fishing. I haven't pulled a good LMB for awhile.

rrawstron
07-15-2009, 01:02 PM
Agreed on the topwater...you should get yourself a Wake Jr. or something similar for the bigger models.

And on the topic of braid...you should pick up a Curado 200E7 and load it with 50 lb. braid. You will feel everything and the hook practically sets itself because of the no stretch properties of it.

Keep up the good work and you will start to land the bigger ones.

- Rob

tacklejunkie
07-15-2009, 04:21 PM
http://www.thewiredangler.com/wiredangler/2009/06/fishin-with-the-revenge-viberator.html

This might give you a few ideas on trailers TJ. Think swimbaits...

I'll be trying a 3/8oz Chartreuse shad Revenge with a 3in BH swimbait tail for spotties soon.

Good job on those fish! Ninja fishing is something I haven't done, but it looks like a good time. The bass seem to be more active at night.

Have you tired throwing a big wake bait or other large topwater at night? They are supposed to work very well for larger bass. Think a Wake Jr or Born Again from 3:16 for places with a lot of 5lb and up bass, or a Baby Wake for the 3 to 7lbers.

Awesome! You just gave me a reason to buy those basstrix fry. Haha. Been trying to hold off on those for a while! The Revenge blade did work very good though! Predictable action with an easy start up. Just need to slow the sink rate a bit I think.

I like that Baby Wake bait. I saw one in the classifieds and should have grabbed it while I could have but missed out.

Damn TJ! We need to hook up sometime and do some fishing. I haven't pulled a good LMB for awhile.
I'm sure we're bound to hook up one of these days.
I was about to go meet Heman to wet a line but a little burnt from last night still and need some rest.

Agreed on the topwater...you should get yourself a Wake Jr. or something similar for the bigger models.

And on the topic of braid...you should pick up a Curado 200E7 and load it with 50 lb. braid. You will feel everything and the hook practically sets itself because of the no stretch properties of it.

Keep up the good work and you will start to land the bigger ones.

- Rob
I was thinking 200E7. You read my mind. Some Daiwa Samurai would go nice on there too when it's back in stock. It's so hard to save money for other things when I need all kinds of specialized gear from the oddball bites I always bump into :LOL:

Thanks for all the help as always guys.
I think I could tell last night that the stretch in my mono is half the reason I lost the better fishes. That, combined with the slower Luna ratio and they got the 1up on me.

bassassassin
07-15-2009, 06:38 PM
get some zoom curly tail grubs in watermelon and chartruese dip the tail for the bluegill chatterbait trailer..... nice bait by the way

calico killer kevin
07-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Damn TJ, nice analysis. Sounds like a sick bait to toss around the docks.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
07-17-2009, 10:30 PM
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/ninja%20bass%207-15-09/Copyofnightbass7-15003copy.jpg

i keep thinking of that 80's favorite song "take on me.."

fishntime
07-18-2009, 01:11 PM
Great report. I felt like I was reading and artical in Bass Master Mag. Very informative.