PDA

View Full Version : The duct last night 7-14 (I got striped)

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-15-2009, 09:36 AM
Hit the duct, something was in the air and it stank !

6 different spots, allot of ground and MANY casts, water flowing REAL fast and the algae was REAL bad…

This all equals up to ZERO strikes, I spent more time at the Salad bar than fishing.

SOMETIMES:
The duct “Giveth !”

And sometimes it “Dothenth !”

No fishees for me last night, just tired sore feet.

I’ll be back soon enough to reap my special brand of revenge forged in steel !

We seriously need a different flow pattern, daytime flows are slower but the heat is not favorable for a bite..

SKUNK !........

Ohhh Nooooo ! (said in a Mr bill tone !)

Gary

kpn
07-15-2009, 10:35 AM
You're overdue for a "stripe" buddy.
Don't feel bad......I have more Duct stripe in my book more than you, so in the next few days just rest your feet (me too :Wink:) and we'll get a revenge together later bro.

KPN.

yolo
07-15-2009, 11:46 AM
The stripe instead of the striper sucks but happens. You were on a good streak so it will probably come back soon. What I have found is that some spots are better than others for the salad. The closer to Palmdale, the worse and even there, there are better spots and worse spots just a mile away from each other for the salad. Some spots yield 5 or 6 cranks before the clump sticks to the lure and some you can get a full retrieve 75% of the time.

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-15-2009, 12:04 PM
The stripe instead of the striper sucks but happens. You were on a good streak so it will probably come back soon. What I have found is that some spots are better than others for the salad. The closer to Palmdale, the worse and even there, there are better spots and worse spots just a mile away from each other for the salad. Some spots yield 5 or 6 cranks before the clump sticks to the lure and some you can get a full retrieve 75% of the time.
Yeah I know, oh so true, I fished the entire valley in misc runs last eve and conditions varied but were far from decent, doesnt discourage me though, my mind drifts off already planning my next attack !

I did have quite a nice run there, I should take caution not to get spoiled cause the good luck duct cards do not get dealt to us so easily !

I shall take my lumps as we all have to out there : (

Hopefully I can turn it around

Ambassadorhawg
07-17-2009, 05:58 AM
That's why it is called "fishing", not "catching". Although, catching is usually what goes on, huh? Yuk-yuk-yuk-yuk-yuk....

Have you ever pulled on and or been pulled on by a tuna??? Time to go check that scene out....