PDA

View Full Version : Bull lake

jim532
07-15-2009, 08:47 AM
Has anyone ever hiked in from near South lake to Bull lake? Whats the distance and difficulty level? If someone can point me to an online resource that would be good too.

thanks,

teejay
07-15-2009, 01:08 PM
Jim,
I was up there during the Father’s Day weekend this year. The hike is around 2.5 miles with a thousand foot elevation gain. Of course, the difficulty depends on what kind of shape you’re in and if you have issues with the altitude. I classify it as a moderate hike.

fishin fool
07-15-2009, 02:24 PM
The hike in is between 1 3/4 to 2 miles depending on how you go. There is a shortcut if you know about it. The best way to get there is to hike to Long Lake and cross the short distance to Bull Lake as you reach Long Lake. Its easier than following the trail where it splits from the Bishop Pass Trail. Also, know that if you camp at Bull Lake, you have many different and better fishing options than just Bull and Chocolate Lakes. Although, anywhere up there is beautiful, so you can't lose.
Tight Lines

jim532
07-15-2009, 05:43 PM
Don't think I'll be camping there, just looking for a day hike. Trying to plan something for later in the season, and would rather hike in somewhere then fishing with the crowds.