PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy Meadows?

steve092
07-14-2009, 08:39 PM
Does anyone have any info about the water levels there? I'm looking at places to go camping (near the end of the month) and this was first on my list. I haven't been there since I was about 8 and wanted to go back.

bsp
07-14-2009, 08:48 PM
I did a backpacking trip there like a month ago. The flows were perfect a few months ago, and if you are willing to hike in on the PCT a few miles you can get into some awesome fishing. I didn't fish, but saw trout everywhere in the river when I went to get water, was hiking, and while relaxing. If you are willing to hike 7mi in the fishing should be phenomenal, but 3mi or 4mi will get you into some good spots as well. The trail doesn't parallel the river forever, so be sure to fish a good stretch of water when you pass it.

The weather can come up very fast too, so be sure to pack adequate clothes. It went from mid 70s and sunny in the morning to high 40s with hail and a massive thunder storm by noon.

There are a few fish left in the creek right in the campsites, but they are 8in or 10in max.

EDI: I hiked South on the PCT.

steve092
07-17-2009, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the info. I'm putting together a backpacking trip, so I will keep your information in mind.