PDA

View Full Version : Great news from the board on DVL!!!!

megan@lastchance
07-14-2009, 05:27 PM
Hi everyone, its been awhile since I posted but just got back from L.A. The board has passed the motion to go to bid on the launch ramp!!! this is great news everyone, the committee passed it yesterday and it was on the agenda today. It Stated:

Authorize extension of DVL Boat Ramp

Adopt the CEQA determination and authorize proceeding with advertisement of the construction contract for completing the three lanes of the boat ramp and raise parking and launch fees sufficient to recover costs within approximately 5 years.

The above comes directly of the Board Meeting Agenda, it passed the board with flying colors. So what happens next......

By the end of the month they will start taking bids for the launch ramp. If you are interested either pm me, call me with your info and I will forward it to the appropriate person at the board and they will make sure you have the info to bid on or you can go to there website and sign up to be notified. From what I understand they want to have all bids so it can be on the agenda again in September for them to approve the funds. Then from what I hear and was also told is in their press release they tentatively plan to have the ramp done by February.

This is great news and what we have been waiting for!!!!!

Megan

bassmeister
07-14-2009, 05:36 PM
Very nice just in time for the next spawn. Good work Megan and thanks for all the time and effort you put in on this matter.

Fisherman57
07-14-2009, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the update Megan...... and kudo's to you for all of your hardwork on this issue.

It sounds like all of the effort you've put into this is starting to pay dividends.

Check your PM.

Dana
Fisherman57

troutdog
07-14-2009, 05:46 PM
If the holdover trout have heard about this I bet they are already dreading T/O's first trip out! :LOL:

Good luck in moving forward, hope all goes smoothly!

TD

bass413
07-14-2009, 08:24 PM
It can't be said enough....awesome job Megan.

Can't wait for February of 2010!!! :Big Grin:

The lake will be a zoo again, I'm sure. But it'll sure beat Silverwood and Perris!

Ryan C
07-15-2009, 01:33 AM
good news cant wait till feb thanx to megan and everyone else that fought for us.

pwynn
07-15-2009, 06:22 AM
thanks megan, i know how hard you worked on this. They are saying maybe Feb. in the press enterprise today.

ghost2uu
07-15-2009, 08:47 AM
Mersh i liked having the lake to myself this past season. Oh well all good things must come to an end. Now i will have to buy a boat.

LateFisher
07-15-2009, 11:57 AM
THANK YOU MEGAN, JOB WELL DONE !!!!!!!!!:Beer Toast::Beer Toast::Beer Toast:. TEAM 57 AND FNN APPRECIATES ALL OF YOUR HARD WORK AND DEDICATION YOU HAVE DEMONSTRATED, THANK YOU ONCE MORE !!!!!!!!!:Big Smile::Big Smile::High Five::High Five::High Five:

TroutOnly
07-15-2009, 09:47 PM
they should have been extending the for a while now typical burealcrats,,stupid and slow,,NOW POUR THAT CEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!,

TrouTracker
07-16-2009, 12:46 AM
When the Jewel re-opens next year, we should have a Grand Re-Opening Event. There's a bunch of events we could do to celebrate. We could do a huge raffle and BBQ, pancake breakfast "fireman" style or even a Spring Smackdown! If you guys have any ideas, please advise. Lastly, we'll have to honor Megan over at Last Chance for her "never say die" attitude with the MWD........
Barry A. Ogawa

ART HILL
07-17-2009, 05:12 PM
Diamond Valley Guide Service will be back in business. Of course Vail Lake Guide Service will still be available, but DVL is a nice option.

Thank you Megan and Lynne for all your hard work, and to everybody who signed the pitition.

olfishergal
07-17-2009, 07:18 PM
yeeeeeeeeeehawwwwwwwwwwww SMACKDOWN 2010!!!!!!!

low dsrt jon
07-18-2009, 07:19 AM
What will happen to those of us who had annual passes? Will they be honored like the letter I received has promised or will we just be forgotten in all the hoopla over the extension? With the economy the way it is how much more will we be able to afford to pay to fish the lake? All of us don't run guide services and the added cost of a day at the lake may be too much on the wallet for us to bare. Low Dsrt Jon

Basshole
07-18-2009, 11:39 AM
What will happen to those of us who had annual passes? Will they be honored like the letter I received has promised or will we just be forgotten in all the hoopla over the extension? With the economy the way it is how much more will we be able to afford to pay to fish the lake? All of us don't run guide services and the added cost of a day at the lake may be too much on the wallet for us to bare. Low Dsrt Jon

Yeah I'll be curious to see just how much more and for just how long we'll be paying for this. But it is good to hear that we'll hopefully be able to launch next year. Maybe now I won't sell my boat. Congrats on the efforts.

ShellBack USNRET
07-18-2009, 03:18 PM
First Off, Thank you Megan for the hard work you put in on behave of us fellow Anglers.

Not trying to stir the pot so don’t get me wrong, (I can hear the comments all ready) and I hear others sharing my same concerns.

I fully support getting DVL back on track, but I’m also a recreational angler with a seasonal pass and I also have concerns about the rate increase. The belt has tightened up during this struggling economy so throwing my wallet on the table doesn’t work for me now.

Does anyone have any idea about how deep the increase will be? I heard numbers like 1.6 mil for the ramp and based on the number of launches per year, to recoup the cost within only five years, how deep will I have to dig?

Could be wrong, but my guess launch fees will get hit hard, because it’ not fair to hit the shore anglers or rentals and don’t let who ever runs Qualcomm parking make the call.

I know we’re talking about a percentage here, and a small pinch won’t cause me to pucker up too much, but it sure fuels my fire to know that once again I have to pay more to play.

The way MWD has handled this mess and the issue of where the water is coming from is a wonder as to whether or not Pandora's box is now open. Hooked Again, because I love CALI. BOHECA!

diamondbear
07-18-2009, 05:13 PM
THANK YOU MEGAN // LAST CHANCE and everyone involved in making this happen . the slight increase in launch fees I hope will be to much for everyone as I know I'll be there for sure from from day 1 with my boat fishing the true JEWEL of south cal. Perris is always a second option for those that don't quit understand the COST . // DB

Hog Caller
07-18-2009, 05:56 PM
Thank you Megan!

Your hard work and diligence is much appreciated by anyone in the SoCal area that truly considers themselves a bass fisherman.

We should start a Megan fund of a dollar a launch on the new ramp so she can take a well deserved vacation.

Thanks again and I will make it a point to stop into Last Chance everytime I leave DVL to pick up my supplies for the next trip and thank you in person.

Thanks again,

Brent

tall tales
07-19-2009, 04:44 PM
thanks megan for all of your hard work.

Pete Marino
07-19-2009, 04:56 PM
I also want to thank you for all your efforts with the whole DVL issue.

I too, cant wait to start guiding again at DVL.. Ive stayed away from there as much as possible during the private boat closure because I dont think those rental boats are up to par but I do look forward to putting my boat on the lake again.

Thank you again for everything you have done for us anglers with not only the whole DVL issue but everything else you and Dan have done for us...

If any of you anglers out there havent had the chance to stop in and look around at Last chance Bait and tackle...you are missing out.
Megan and Dan (the owners) are good people and extremely helpful to everyone that comes into their shop and they have a very helpful staff as well. Their store is full of baits and tackle for both salt water and freshwater. You can buy tackle for Bass, trout, catfish, bluegill,crappie...etc etc..basically if it swims and is catchable, Last Chance will have the baits and tackle to catch it!!!

Pete:Cool:

BassinPLS
07-20-2009, 09:34 AM
As mentioned above many many Thanks are due to Megan for getting up before the chickens and traveling to LA to attend the early morning monthly MWD Board meetings. She, much of the time alone, carried our plea to the Board for a solution to the launch ramp issue at DVL. We, as anglers, sometimes lose sight of the fact that MWD is in the water distribution business and recreational fishing is pretty far down their priority list.

Megan through her never ending efforts helped kept the launch ramp issue on the MWD front burner in our behalf. As someone who loves DVL, I can not thank Megan enough for her efforts.

Also, I want to thank Dan and Megan for their hard work and efforts at Last Chance Bait & Tackle. They have built the "PREMIER" tackle shop in Southern California. They have attracted and retained the most knowledgeable and helpful staff whether you are a fresh water or salt water fisherman. I truly appreciate their efforts and do not pass up an opportunity to stop by their shop to see "what's happening".

Thank you Megan & Dan for all of your efforts at Last Chance Bait & Tackle and especially for your successful efforts in solving the DVL launch ramp issue.

Warmest Regards,

BassinPLS:Smile:

megan@lastchance
07-20-2009, 01:54 PM
I just wanted to tell everyone thanks for the support, we really appreciate it. As far as how much the fees will be increased I am not sure, just that they will divide it up into 5 years. It seems some people think its still going to be over a million for the extension and the paper quoted that, so I can see the confusion. It will be going to public bid by the end of the month and we all know that the bid will come in less than originally thought. So again, if you know of anyone that wants/can bid on the project, get in touch with me. Lets keep hoping for a smooth journey to the end:Big Grin:

Megan

Spear Hunter
07-20-2009, 06:06 PM
I have a question lets say they build the new ramp to the current water level. Wouldn't MWD have to raise the water 15 to 20 feet to make launching possible? And are they going to do that? Lets hope for a start they build the ramp.