PDA

View Full Version : Hot nite at Havasu

Coach D'
07-13-2009, 09:33 PM
A couple of buddies and I decide to head to Havasu for some nite fishing. We hit the road saturday eve to endure the 4 plus hr drive. (Damn, I thought is was 2-1/2 to 3 hrs!). We get there, find Walmart and get licenses at about 10:30pm (just $3 for the stamp). Get some crawlers and a few words of advice and head back south to site 6. Set up and hit the water at about 1am. By the way it pobably was still about 95 degrees!

We anchor up about 100yds out from the docks, bait up with some lug worms (useless), anchovies and nite crawlers. First fish on after about 45 minutes...haul up a 2 n a half pound striper. This was followed by 3 nice cats ( 2-3 lbs). One budy was sleep on the pontoon, and the other in the car...Which is when the bite was hapnin. Needless to say, they didnt catch anything.

Fish were caught using chovies and the ever-faithful night crawlerz. Not many fish for such a long/hot trip, but I am thankful. I did not see another fish brought up, and nobody I talked too had caught anything.

Nothin once the sun came up. Stuck it out til about 11:30 (Damn it was hot), packed up and was on the road home by1:30 and got back to Rancho Cucamonga at 6 sumthin.

Good experience, and accomplished my goal of exploring a diff fishin hole along the river. Thanks for the tips and recommendations!

Ryan C
07-15-2009, 01:52 AM
damm next time try to make a weekend out of it long drive for a day trip if u wanna save 45 mins drive u can launch out of park moabi by needles and fish the upper river or topak area.

Coach D'
07-15-2009, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the tip Ryan. Man, a weekend trip?? I don't know If I could tolerate the days. Would have to get a hotel room or somethin.

BassLady
07-17-2009, 09:37 AM
yea but the topak marshes are the shizznit lotta bass in there. Its always dig flippin the tulles. But yea its fun if you can tolerate the heat. I go out to blythe and sometimes needles and just sleep on a air mattress in the bed of my truck. The heat never bothered me much but I guess thats because ive been a river rat since i was in diapers. When it starts to get too hot ill just jump in the river real quick and then all is dandy :Big Grin:. I cant wait im going to be in laughlin later next week. Heading out on Thursday. YAY!!!!

Coach D'
07-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Howz the gill and crappie fishin in the topach area??

BassLady, I saw some canals as we went through Blythe... is that where you fish, or is there a lake?

Sparky70
07-19-2009, 04:59 PM
LAUGHLIN MUGGY this time of year and hotter then Hell also!

Ryan C
07-19-2009, 11:42 PM
yea but the topak marshes are the shizznit lotta bass in there. stay off my water bass lady lol

Astrolux
07-20-2009, 05:36 AM
My wife was in laughlin friday and saturday. She said for most of the day it was 120 degrees outside!!!!!!!!

RRTGuy
08-19-2009, 10:36 PM
My wife was in laughlin friday and saturday. She said for most of the day it was 120 degrees outside!!!!!!!!

Cold snap huh??? :Neener Neener:

Troutman65
08-23-2009, 12:11 AM
Nice going on your catch. That is a long drive just to fish one night. Thanks for the post