PDA

View Full Version : SCI WSB, Yellowtail and a Halibut on 7/11 KILLED IT

Bucket bay
07-13-2009, 09:37 AM
Sorry for the late post but here goes. My friend Toby invited me to go to SCI with him we launched out of Davies @ 8:00 pm on Fri. 7/10. Loaded up with a full scoop of squirters and 1/2 scoop of dines at Long beach bait. We made the crossing to Catalina in about 45 minutes on choppy seas. Anchored up on the back side, until the sea calmed a little, then we broke for SCI! arrived at around midnight, anchored, and Toby went in the cuddy for a little shut eye for what seemed like a couple minutes and in that time I had landed like 10 Calico which little did we know was only the beginning of what would turn out to be the best fishing trip for me and Toby to date! At 4:00 am we headed to china cove only to find dozens of private and cattle boats. So, I recommended, we anchored down current of a big cattle boat, lowered our dropper loops with live squid and waited. Sure enough, just after sunrise, ZZZZ, ZZZZZZZZ, it was fish on! The right kind too! The fish took me around the boat, just as the color showed it went around the motor taking the rod tip with it. SNAP! Rod tip breaks. Up comes the fish on the other side of the motor and Toby gaffed my WSB. My first legal WSB!(21+lbs) Not 5 minutes later my rod goes BENDO! Again It's on and crack'n' again, about 20 minutes later Toby first yellowtail! The action continued, over the next 3 hours I landed 1 more 20+lb yellows and Toby landed 2 more 20+lb yellows and a nice Halibut, bringing our total for the day to 1 WSB, 5 Yellowtail, 1 Halibut and 10 Calico Bass. Headed home at 9:30 am, in the driveway by 1:30 pm.

Thank for the invite Toby it was all-around good time, for a minute I thought that I was going to lose that WSB after it snapped my rod. If someone know what the warranty policy is on the Graftech rod send me a pm I can’t even find the receipt for it. Also tried those new AKI hook on the dropper and they worked flawless never missed one fish all hooked in the corner of the mouth on multiple occasions I pull the hook baited it and right back over the side.

Post script,
they were still biting when we left and probably still are. Go get them.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn118/bucketbay/sci2.jpg
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn118/bucketbay/sci1.jpg
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn118/bucketbay/sci.jpg

cappo
07-13-2009, 09:43 AM
nice job dude

deanhall32
07-13-2009, 09:49 AM
Nice report BB. What a day to be had and back before noon!!

I have 2 Graftech rods and do not know the policy. Probably should call where you got them. Sometimes your information is in the store computer so they know that you got it there.

Odium
07-13-2009, 10:17 AM
Damn BB!! Tearing them up!

DEADROOTS
07-13-2009, 10:24 AM
Well done man!

fishpimp4life
07-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Quality fish bro. :Big Grin:Congrats on your first legal WSB. :Big Grin:BTW, did u dig the white stones out of the head of the wsb! On the cattle boats when you have the fish cleaned ,the crew will normally give them to you if you ask for them.

RotoX7
07-13-2009, 12:07 PM
awesome fishing! tell Andrew Bynum to shave he looks old!

Bucket bay
07-13-2009, 12:21 PM
nice job dude
Thanks homie.

Nice report BB. What a day to be had and back before noon!!

I have 2 Graftech rods and do not know the policy. Probably should call where you got them. Sometimes your information is in the store computer so they know that you got it there.
Thanks ill have to give turners a call.

Damn BB!! Tearing them up!
Yup got them good.

Well done man!

Thanks .

Quality fish bro. :Big Grin:Congrats on your first legal WSB. :Big Grin:BTW, did u dig the white stones out of the head of the wsb! On the cattle boats when you have the fish cleaned ,the crew will normally give them to you if you ask for them.

Yea I got the stones thanks.

awesome fishing! tell Andrew Bynum to shave he looks old!
Hahaha herd that before LOL.

BASS-MON
07-13-2009, 01:16 PM
nice catching..

supasportkid
07-13-2009, 06:16 PM
nice quality fish and report! maybe next year i will venture over that way. but for now cat is far enough. thanks for the report

troutdog
07-13-2009, 06:23 PM
NICE job out there BB, what a great day of fishing....sorry to hear about the rod, but at least it was on a nice fish! :Wink:

TD

Jig-Guy
07-13-2009, 09:00 PM
You guys kicked butt, what a trip. Great report and thanks for the pic's.

TL

Jig-Guy

kpn
07-13-2009, 09:09 PM
You guys kill it out there. Great job bro!

KPN.

ghetto dad
07-14-2009, 09:24 AM
What????????????????? No invite for Vic?????????????/ Mean.....

lol...good job man.....

GD

BIGRED KILLA
07-14-2009, 10:29 AM
Nice job out there those are some nice fish and you broke your rod on a nice fish so it's not that bad :Wink:. Keep on chasing the big boys. Any pics of the hali.

Bigred

LA Smoker
07-14-2009, 04:46 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeet! Good one Toby. Dwayne, you're a fish killing machine. Still gotta fish the salt w you one of these days...

victor101
07-14-2009, 05:42 PM
NICE man! dont know how i missed your report...just saw it right now. Whats up with you and rods? LOL

Good job on your first legal WSB...first of many!

flyngby
07-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Nice day on the water!!!

I would feel fine to bust some equipment for some of those variety!!

Steve

primo55
07-14-2009, 08:15 PM
nice catch!!

GeordyBass
07-15-2009, 11:34 PM
WELL DONE DWAYNE AND TOBY! You guys slayed! And a little boofoo I see,,,hahahahaha Excellent job guys!!!!!!!

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-16-2009, 09:14 AM
Real real sweet Dwayne ! NOW....Ur making ME jealeous !

I gott a get out there real soon, gotta put my striper gear down for a minute to get them salty dawgs !

Saweet feesh.....verey nice and a huge congrats !
Gary