PDA

View Full Version : Relentless 1/12 day- Albacore

deanhall32
07-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Finally got invited to my girlfriends family annual fishing trip on the Relentless.

The plan was originally to fish the outer banks but due to the low counts our captain sacked up and decided to head down 162 miles to warmer waters where some bigger quality tuna have been caught by the long rangers.

We left the docks at 9PM Friday night and didn't get to the fishing grounds until 2PM the following day. So..........we had approximately 6 hours of fishing but the captain was so optimistic that we didn't care that much.

We ended up having 3 jig strikes. The first stop produced 5 yellowtail and about 5 albacore. The next strike bagged about 15 albies. We kind of figured that would be it and everyone started to sit down for dinner as it was pitch dark. Then........quadrupal jig strikes and complete chaos as the school charged the boat and people were running into each other, crossing lines because we couldn't see our lines, and bloody decks. We ended up getting 23 albies on that final stop. People that were skunked up to that point ended up with fish. It was a great way to end a day.

We ate dinner and started the trip back at 9PM Saturday night and got back to the landing at 3PM Sunday. ( I can hear it now JapanRon ).

Jackpot went to my girlfriends great-uncle Bob who is 92 years old with a 30 albie. Largest fish went to Paul who had a 30+ yellowtail but was unfortunate to not be in the jackpot.

Thanks for the invite guys.

Boat total- 16 angles
35 albies
5 yellowtail
1 bluefin

My total-
2 albies
1 yellowtail

troutdog
07-12-2009, 05:47 PM
WOW 162 miles out on a 1.5, talk about "relentless"...glad to hear you guys got in on some fish! WTG!

TD

cappo
07-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Nice job Dean. 2pm at the fishing grounds is kinda late but you guys pulled it off.
Dang I need to get down there. Let me know your next baller trip.

deanhall32
07-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Nice job Dean. 2pm at the fishing grounds is kinda late but you guys pulled it off.
Dang I need to get down there. Let me know your next baller trip.

Tuesday on the Searcher (1 1/2) but it's sold out Cappo.

olfishergal
07-12-2009, 07:13 PM
wow!!! Long trip.....Personally liked shorter trip and more fishing time. Glad it produced, wtg OFG

JapanRon
07-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Hi deanhall32,

Congrats on getting a tuna anglers dream. i.e. 'complete chaos as the school charged the boat and people were running into each other, crossing lines because we couldn't see our lines, and bloody decks'. Lots of screaming and yelling too I hope !!

Seriously ... good to hear you got into the tuna and all that goes with that brand of fishing. Old guys rule at 92 !! Thanks for sharing. Photos ?

JapanRon

deanhall32
07-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Hi deanhall32,

Congrats on getting a tuna anglers dream. i.e. 'complete chaos as the school charged the boat and people were running into each other, crossing lines because we couldn't see our lines, and bloody decks'. Lots of screaming and yelling too I hope !!

Seriously ... good to hear you got into the tuna and all that goes with that brand of fishing. Old guys rule at 92 !! Thanks for sharing. Photos ?

JapanRon

Photos didn't show up?

sansou
07-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Nice job Dean! Wish I could have joined ya guys...but after my last trip I was a little peeved. Totally cool that the 92 year old smoked you guys with a jackpot fish!

Here's to hoping your upcoming Searcher trip is WFO. Gimme a ring cause I want to know what to expect for my 2 dayer this weekend!!!

victor101
07-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Wow...just got back from cancun and another 1.5 day? and another in a couple days huh? must be nice! LOL...

Good job on the feesh man...If a 92 year old can reel in a jackpot albie, then GD still has a couple in him. maybe a couple...

ghetto dad
07-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Wow...just got back from cancun and another 1.5 day? and another in a couple days huh? must be nice! LOL...

Good job on the feesh man...If a 92 year old can reel in a jackpot albie, then GD still has a couple in him. maybe a couple...

:ROFL:Ill still kick your *** vic......

GD

CudaChaser
07-13-2009, 06:28 AM
Thanks for the vivid description of the chaos bite in the dark - that must have be crazy. Nice picts and good fishing. Thanks for the report and what a long trip but all worth it.

CudaChaser

deanhall32
07-13-2009, 08:10 AM
wow!!! Long trip.....Personally liked shorter trip and more fishing time. Glad it produced, wtg OFG

Don't blame you for not wanting the long trip OFG but seeing a school of albacore charge the stern of a boat is worth seeing! That is if you have nothing else going on!!

Odium
07-13-2009, 08:44 AM
:ROFL:Ill still kick your *** vic......

GD

Thems fightin' words. You can challenge Vic at the pier. Whoever can catch more macs in one hours. . .

Sac au Lait
07-13-2009, 04:07 PM
nice job by the crew and passengers. most 2 days posted very poor numbers

Bucket bay
07-14-2009, 08:40 AM
Good job Dean way to kill.

Liteliner
07-15-2009, 01:09 AM
Nice work Dean. The fishing looks pretty slow again. Hope you get into them on the searcher.

really_drunk
07-15-2009, 04:51 PM
nice work on the albies n the yellow!! musta been awesome seein the fish rush the boat!!! i got a 2 dayer comin up on the 29th... hope im 1/2 as luckiy as u... need to get my 1st exotic!!!

LA Smoker
07-15-2009, 05:53 PM
Was the girlfriend on the trip with you Coach? What ever happened to that thread... Girlfriends who fish. I'm going on the Islander this weekend so we'll probably see you out there. I'm taking a headlamp to fish in the dark haha.