PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Lake Friday 7/10

Bassnman Mike
07-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Took the nephew to Pyramid Lake this past Friday to catch some fish. They wanted to charge me $24.00 to launch because they thought my Champion was 21 foot, nope, its a 210. While its only 2 inches short of 21 it still is not 21.

Anyhow, launched and off we went. Found some boiling stripers, tossed jerkbaits at them but didnt catch nothing of any real size. They were still fun to catch. Switched up to split shot and drop shot for bass fishing. We caught a total of 5 Smallmouth, the biggest going about 3 pounds and 5 largemouth with one that went almost 7 pounds. She had a huge head, when I saw her I thought she weighed more but shw was long and skinny. All the bass came on either 4 inch worms or reapers. Couldnt buy a Senko bite and with all the muck couldnt throw cranks or even blades.

Also, while back in Brazzos we saw a large bear sitting in the water. Before I could get the camera out to get a shot a very loud boat fired up, reved his motor and the bear went running up the hill.

bassgrandslam
07-12-2009, 01:25 PM
hiked piru creek yesterday too. fresh bear tracks everywhere as usuall. if anything gets me, its going down with me.