PDA

View Full Version : Kern River fishing

Piss on Myspace
07-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Hey whats everyone- i'm new to the boards here but have been lurking for a while:Big Grin: What can i say, this site provides some really good info. Next Tuesday me and a couple of buddys are heading up to the kern. This will be my 1st trip there and we're staying at goldledge? campground. I'll probably target trout and was just wondering what the pros could recommend i.e. fishing spots, lures, or any other info that could be useful. Now that i guilty of association, i will def post a report. Any input would be appreciated!

Tight lines,
Piss on your space

Skaguy04
07-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Remember, the Kern has not been stocked since November of 2008. Your best be right now is to fish Lake Isabella for trout. The trout bite at Isabella has been really good. There have been reports of 50+ trout days. There are some nice trout also being pulled out of there 2+.

If you want to hit the Kern, try the Kern above Johnsondale, but remember that is a special regulation section.

Piss on Myspace
07-13-2009, 08:26 AM
Thanks Skaguy04, I appreciate the info. I'm actually headed up there within the hour. Not only will i try to slay, but i'll drink one for you as well. :Wink: I knew they stopped stocking but was looking for the type of info you provided. Just a general area that i can start to focus on. My buddy is driving so ill see if i can talk him into Isabella, if not, I'm about to piss all over the johnsdale area! jk Thanks again man.

Tight Lines

fisherman from long beach
07-13-2009, 08:35 AM
i was at isabella and i used night crawlers in gravey .cought trout cats and bluegill

Intofishing
07-17-2009, 01:51 PM
There are plenty of fish that came up river from the lake to spawn. Try the sections below the power plant on down to the lake. There some huge hogs that decided to stay in the river and did not head back into the lake after the spawn.
Just check out the recent reports, lots of guys are still catching plenty of HOGS!!!
HOGS (http://www.kernriverflyfishing.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1247631540)

MORE HOGS (http://www.kernriverflyfishing.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1247472837)