PDA

View Full Version : castaic question

Frenchy
07-11-2009, 09:53 AM
how to rig for bait at castaic stripers

caroilina rig or what just using chovies tonight for the girlfriend i will be using lures i dont like to bait fish but the gf doesnt know how to cast so im using bait for her while i throw lures anyone w tips please help

kpn
07-11-2009, 11:03 AM

caroilina rig or what just using chovies tonight for the girlfriend i will be using lures i dont like to bait fish but the gf doesnt know how to cast so im using bait for her while i throw lures anyone w tips please help

Carolina rig....15lbs main line with 12lbs flouro leader, 1 to 1 1/2oz egg sinker....cast out as far as you can. If you have 2 rods out, rig another rod....may be 8 lbs line with just split shot....cast as far out....That's mean you cover.....deep & shallow zone. Also use size 1 or 1/0 good hooks.
Hope this help. Good luck out there.

KPN.

Frenchy
07-11-2009, 11:53 AM
thanks alot kpn im really busy right now but i will be callin you and hopefully soon i will be killin fish or those sweet lookin kpn lures

Liteweight
07-11-2009, 04:31 PM

:My Two Cents:
I've learned through the many members on this site you should also use 'dines (actually primary bait should be). Mr Stripeee likes.
Hopefully see you out there. If I don't, best of luck!
LW

xjdesertfox
07-11-2009, 05:37 PM
hell yea man, sardines are the ****, i go to a filipino market in glendale and they have perfect 6" long sardines and i can usually pick up 6-8 of them for $1.25

the stripers go nuts for it, a lot of people have problems with them coming off the hook, i thread the hook completely through the top of the mouth, into the spine, and the shank out of the spine a little further down so that the actual hook is inside of the fish and only actual shank and barb is exposed from spine.

JohnMarino
07-16-2009, 09:41 PM
I was cutting the anchovies into a small piece about 1.25-2 inch hooking it on a dropshot hook and dropshotting it with about a 20" liter for your heavy weight. 4lb -6lb test is key.

Good luck

karlow
07-16-2009, 10:40 PM
Like John said!
Or maybe 3/4" 6 or 8Lb test with 6 floro leader.
We fish 4lb from the boat.

KP