PDA

View Full Version : Beware of Spirit Sportfishing

victor101
07-10-2009, 09:55 PM
My cousin and his friends booked a charter with them...after a lot of anticipation...they were let down.

I just got this email from my cuz...

"Hey what up vic,
We got cancelled on the saturday charter for tomorrow, guess what happened. First the crew called my friend that booked the trip and he told him that we might not be able to go to catalina for the reason that the wind was going to be a 25 knots, (yeah right), that we were going to fish locally on 1/2 day if we wanted or 3/4 day, so I opted for the 3/4 day atleast, so I was bummed that we were not going to catch some yellowtail, ohhwell. Then 3 hours later, the crew called my friend again and told him that the trip was cancelled because the deck of the boat had a hole because they were gooffing off couple of days ago and busted a hole on the deck so for insurance purposes we couldnt go on the trip. I think the whole thing is a jip or a scam, they just got some excited mexicans for nothing. Im pissed right now, ohhwell so I flagged them on craigslist, ha hah. Spirit sport fishing sucksss... I was really looking forward on using adams reel and rod, man the reel is awesome. Well if you get this email today and if you go fishing tomorrow let me know ill go with you guys. Talk to you later vic."

victor101
07-10-2009, 10:02 PM
The trip was for tomorrow....right when the WSB bust wide open...Im thinking they got somebody to pay more $$$ because of the WSB bite...

hakaveli
07-10-2009, 10:05 PM
That sucks ill be sure to spread the word that they will never get no one business

ghetto dad
07-10-2009, 10:22 PM
Ok...so.....did they get their money back or what??

GD

victor101
07-10-2009, 10:30 PM
Ok...so.....did they get their money back or what??

GD

I dont know if they got their deposit back yet...Even if they do...why try and blame it on the wind when the forecast says wind under 10kts...swell 2-3 ft at 15 seconds. Sounds to me like theyre just trying to think up excuses. Sounds shady...

They wont be getting any business from me...

ghetto dad
07-10-2009, 10:32 PM
I dont know if they got their deposit back yet...Even if they do...why try and blame it on the wind when the forecast says wind under 10kts...swell 2-3 ft at 15 seconds. Sounds to me like theyre just trying to think up excuses. Sounds shady...

They wont be getting any business from me...

I wasnt saying that homie..I was just curious man....I hope the guys dont take it out on peoples lawns man....

yeah, im SURE they got more money, and just blew the homies off....sucks man...sorry

GD

Lightline
07-10-2009, 10:54 PM
Bet you some one paid them more money for the charter and was hopping you cancel with their questionable excuse.

Odium
07-10-2009, 11:03 PM
I wasnt saying that homie..I was just curious man....I hope the guys dont take it out on peoples lawns man....

yeah, im SURE they got more money, and just blew the homies off....sucks man...sorry

GD

Hope a few extra bucks was worth ruining their reputation. I'm sure the trash talking about Spirit Sportfishing is gonna spread across all the boards.

victor101
07-10-2009, 11:30 PM
Did a little research on Craigslist and found this
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/for/1256990941.html
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/bfs/1252085297.html

"We (10 people) got there on Friday at 5:30am to realize nobody was going to take us fishing. I called the spiritsportfishing guy's number and he said they decided to cancel our trip without leting us know in advance. When i told the guy i was going to leave a negative feedback he treatened not to refund my money which he did and i had to go through my credit card (paypal) company in order to get my money back. I want people like you to know what kind of business they might be dealing with. Also they only have one boat. Their website makes you thing they are a big reliable company but all they have is an old scary 39-footer. Go check the boat before you rent it out.
Spirit Sportfishing, Spirit Sport Fishing
Phone (866) 434-9311
1500 Anchorage Rd.
Wilmington, CA 90744 "

lalo56
07-11-2009, 12:40 AM
That sucks Victor. I rather have a repeated clientel than a higher one time pay. Soon enough they will realize their mistake in doing that and by then it will be too late.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
07-11-2009, 05:02 AM
that sucks bro, i hate it when people look for a way to swindle others out of there money..i wish i voted for the other guy now...get ready for tax on the fish you bring to shore..lolololol..it's true..

cappo
07-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Well there goes their chances of ever getting booked by one of us.

sansou
07-12-2009, 11:01 AM
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=34374

Is Spirit Sportfishing the same operation as above? Just wondering cause both are 39ft Drakes...

cappo
07-12-2009, 11:10 AM
yup thats them. I knew something shady was going on with them.
Atleast it was headhunterz II

sansou
07-12-2009, 11:15 AM
LOL !

....or the Old#7. Shady shady shady...

CEFishin
07-12-2009, 05:00 PM
hey victor,
the location of the boat has some shady character ...my boss parked his boat in one of the slip ...ill keep an eye out for that boat...curious who they are...

murrieta angler
07-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Dammmm!!!
Thanks for the heads up. I was going to charter with them and if they pulled that crap on me they woulda been beat down by my 4 buddies, who between the 4 of them weigh over 1400 lbs and are Samoan.

mescancrochunter
07-13-2009, 11:35 AM
I'll spread the word bro, they'll never get my money or any of my friends money!!! that's plain wrong!

NoHo ART
07-13-2009, 09:10 PM
deckhands needed (wilmington)
Reply to: gigs-9y3h6-1268095338@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-07-13, 1:11PM PDT

Our company needs some deckhands to help with fishing charters. Also we need people that will be interesting in going out fishing with the boat on off-days and catch fish to sell to local markets, you will be able to earn a percentage of what you catch. Please send your contact info for us to review. Feel free to check out our site, spiritsportfishing.com

Thanks,

Spirit staff
MAYBE THEY WERE SHORT HANDED :ROFL:

BabyKiller
07-13-2009, 10:01 PM
you guys are all whack and are working off of hypotheticals!!! its sport boat fishing. Say you got out, the wind turned the water over, and you couldnt catch half day wsb. :No Pity: talk with the captain and straighten it out with him first.

ghetto dad
07-13-2009, 10:06 PM
deckhands needed (wilmington)
Reply to: gigs-9y3h6-1268095338@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-07-13, 1:11PM PDT

Our company needs some deckhands to help with fishing charters. Also we need people that will be interesting in going out fishing with the boat on off-days and catch fish to sell to local markets, you will be able to earn a percentage of what you catch. Please send your contact info for us to review. Feel free to check out our site, spiritsportfishing.com

Thanks,

Spirit staff
MAYBE THEY WERE SHORT HANDED :ROFL:

They fail to tell you that "on your off days" while commercial fishing, you need to have a commerical LICENSE>>>

GD

ghetto dad
07-13-2009, 10:07 PM
you guys are all whack and are working off of hypotheticals!!! its sport boat fishing. Say you got out, the wind turned the water over, and you couldnt catch half day wsb. :No Pity: talk with the captain and straighten it out with him first.

the weather report for that day was great.....

GD

victor101
07-13-2009, 10:55 PM
the weather report for that day was great.....

GD

EXACTLY....

oh yeah...btw...gd...How long would it usually take to get your deposit back if your charter is cancelled?

BabyKiller
07-13-2009, 11:15 PM
point being, i could have made a huge slam report last season. but i didnt. i waited until a captain change happened and i will give the boat another try. you didnt even waste the same amount of money as me.......it was ur freaking cousin.

victor101
07-13-2009, 11:43 PM
point being, i could have made a huge slam report last season. but i didnt. i waited until a captain change happened and i will give the boat another try. you didnt even waste the same amount of money as me.......it was ur freaking cousin.

good for you...

not everybody has money to waste on 5 day trips man. Just trying to save some of the people who have to hand pick their trips some trouble..thats all

Odium
07-14-2009, 08:48 AM
sooo. . . . moral of the story. . . do not warn people about a potential scam unless you lost A LOT of YOUR OWN money?

I'll keep that in mind.

ghetto dad
07-14-2009, 09:21 AM
EXACTLY....

oh yeah...btw...gd...How long would it usually take to get your deposit back if your charter is cancelled?

it depends...if it was on a C/C...immediately..I would just credit the account..if it was cash or check, generally it would take us only a couple days to process and refund the deposit to the company or individuals.....

GD

Ricky-Ray
07-14-2009, 12:09 PM
............................... victor. have you guys tried the outrider? it had good trips last season

I second the Outrider. Great boat and Crew.

NICKYMOUSE8
07-15-2009, 08:48 AM
i hear of terrible boats and crew one in long beach it's the not same crew and captain but,I knew the deckhand danny all the crew and captain were sick tweekers all fuct up on meth!!they would burn people for money and ''stuff'' would disappear often I don't talk to danny he is a un trustworthy methhead tweeker who burned me for 20 bucks don't worry I didn't get my money money back but,put it this way danny has one tooth missing!!!:Smack:

CharlieB
07-20-2009, 10:12 PM
The Outrider Is i think the best little charter boat we have right now.Very clean, and fast (they just repowered). And to be a small boat has very comfortable bunks. Jeff and crew are the best. Hard working and will put you on fish. I chartered the boat atleast once a month last year. And our worst trip we had limits of calicos and big ones at that. All the other trips were epic to say the least. So if you want to spend your money give them a call. And you will be like all of us that know and keep going back.