PDA

View Full Version : Good day in Newport 7/10 multi species

ldsaylor
07-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Hit the Harbor today about 11:00 in the kayak. Weather was great and the fish were out there. Started working balboa island on my way out to the mouth of the harbor and caught 5 spotties on my way. On my way to the bait barge caught 2 halibut 4 casts apart. One was 19" and the other 18". Didn't get a legal but always fun to see the butts on the bite. Caught all these fish dropshotting gulp jerk shads. Then hit up the bait barge for a small scoop of sardines and paddled out to the kelp beds for calicos. Managed to pull 5 calicos out of the kelp and lost countless others to the kelp (one of which had to be at least 5lbs. a beast of a fight before she hung me up). Caught all these flylining sardines in the kelp. Really fun way to fish from the kayak but also pretty challenging to actually land the fish. Only got 1 pic of a calico before my camera battery went dead. Forgot to charge it last night.. dumb. Here are pics from the day. I took a couple of the 2 halis inside the kayak but the pic size was too big to load for some reason..

BIGB951
07-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Nice job out there brotha man looks like you had a good day... Balboa is fun... keep it up

boxl0bster
07-13-2009, 12:05 AM
nice job out there! nph looks even better when out on the water. thanks for the pics and report. :Cool:

flyngby
07-16-2009, 08:43 PM
Nice multi Species day in NPH!

Thanks for the report!

I gotta get back to my home soon!

Steve