PDA

View Full Version : 7-9 local

supasportkid
07-10-2009, 01:32 PM
it was my lil bros bday, so we decided to do some local fishin. we tryed the rocky point area for like 10 macs, all on fly lined chovies and dines in the kelp. then hit the shoe up. on our way there we seen birds workin the area. fly lined some baits for nothin but a few bird strikes! we fished the olympic rock area for a decent sized rock fish and a short sheep head. we then made a few drifts by the sand bass junction for one bass. after that i went and got gouged for 3.70 a gallon at the alamitos fuel dock! and that was a day. thanks for readin

reaktion4
07-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Any barries out by the Shoe!

JapanRon
07-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Hi supasportkid,

Hummmm Well ........... It's sure been nice outside and I'm thinkin' beautiful to be on the water !! Hope you only bought enough fuel to get the boat sliding onto the trailer ! :)

Next trip will be more productive for sure.

JapanRon

supasportkid
07-10-2009, 08:29 PM
were goin to the island on weds, we usually do alot better than local. its still kind of hard for me to find fish. the boat is docked over by 2nd st. bridge. they say that you cant bring fuel to the dock, so im stuck with that price.

JapanRon
07-11-2009, 07:33 AM
Hi again supasportkid,

I'd laugh but ....... that kind of stuff is NOT funny. Wonder if the fuel dock has mixed fuel for the older, little kicker motors? I'd bring 5 gallons in gallon jugs in a cooler every time I went to the boat. IT'S THE PRINCIPLE (yes, I'm cheap) OF THE THING ! Don't know what would happen if the coasties found the fuel in the jugs. I understand the fuel bladders are illegal in California but not sure on that one.

I see their position but still .... Guess if a boat owns you .... you own the expense ... which I'm sure you're ok with in general.

Happy wakes to Catalina,

JapanRon

supasportkid
07-12-2009, 10:28 AM
every time i go out i take a few jugs anyways, there is usually nobody there at 4 in the morning. the fuel dock does have a pre mix pump. that price is probably outrageous!