PDA

View Full Version : 4/16 New Del Mar

rusty6
04-16-2007, 09:16 PM
I have officially learned my lesson about calling landings before hand to see what boats will be running and what won't. Woke up this morning at 4 with hopes of going out on the liberty from berth 55. get down there to find out that they aren't running any boats. it seemed liked every landing wasn't launching do to "weather concerns". Plan B...**** I don't have a plan b. It is now 6:45, needlessly to say all 3/4 day boats have launched except for the Betty-O. Time to take the long and slow haul up the 405 to get to marinia del rey. I got there just in time as the new del mar started to load, since i wasted so much gas just getting up there i decided to cut my losses and just take a half day boat. This was a very good decision. Leave harbor and our first stop was to go get us some sculpins yum yum. busted out my trusty white gulp curly tails and quickly pick up 3 decent ones. Then we move outside for some rockfish. I picked up a few nice barber poles and a really really big red. Going back its jackpot time and whatya know, my red wins. Unfortunately, the jackpot is only $30, so instead i opted for a free pass on the new del mar, which i decided to use. I got my full day boat after all. second trip out i finished off my rockfish limit and picked up a couple of dabs and a whitefish.

total count
3 sculpin
1 red
8 barber poles
1 bocaccio
1 whitefish

victor101
04-16-2007, 09:38 PM
hey good job out there. the new del mar is one of my favorite boats. i was about to board today but decided to hop on the betty-o since i had a half fare ticket due to yesterdays weather.

ghetto dad
04-17-2007, 07:20 AM
I have officially learned my lesson about calling landings before hand to see what boats will be running and what won't. Woke up this morning at 4 with hopes of going out on the liberty from berth 55. get down there to find out that they aren't running any boats. it seemed liked every landing wasn't launching do to "weather concerns". Plan B...**** I don't have a plan b. It is now 6:45, needlessly to say all 3/4 day boats have launched except for the Betty-O. Time to take the long and slow haul up the 405 to get to marinia del rey. I got there just in time as the new del mar started to load, since i wasted so much gas just getting up there i decided to cut my losses and just take a half day boat. This was a very good decision. Leave harbor and our first stop was to go get us some sculpins yum yum. busted out my trusty white gulp curly tails and quickly pick up 3 decent ones. Then we move outside for some rockfish. I picked up a few nice barber poles and a really really big red. Going back its jackpot time and whatya know, my red wins. Unfortunately, the jackpot is only $30, so instead i opted for a free pass on the new del mar, which i decided to use. I got my full day boat after all. second trip out i finished off my rockfish limit and picked up a couple of dabs and a whitefish.

total count
3 sculpin
1 red
8 barber poles
1 bocaccio
1 whitefish

hey man, sorry about the Liberty.....did you have a resie???? That is one of the things i try to STRESS to people....ALWAYS MAKE A RESIE and leave your phone # and have the person taking your resie confirm your phone #....I ask people that call if they would like to make a resie, but its amazing how many people dont want to make one, they show up the next morning, and the boat was cancelled the night before, and they are upset????? If they had made a resie like they should have, they would have been notified....I usually do this automatically, not all the time, but i try....the boat was canceled actually saturday night and i left a note for the sunday person to call everyone......if you were in fact on the sheet, with your proper phone # down, i can check the sheet when i get in friday...if you werent called, if it was a landing error, ill take care of you........ill try to remember to check on friday...peace!!!!

ghetto dad
04-17-2007, 07:22 AM
Oh and btw, good job on the JP and the pass.....plus, you got to get some taco fillets for the freezer...glad that you still got to go fishing...

rusty6
04-17-2007, 07:32 AM
no reservations, it was a last minute kind of thing...i decided to go fishing basically at about 9 on sunday night haha

hookemdano
04-17-2007, 08:04 AM
Nice going - way to stick with it.

Congrats on the JP.

ghetto dad
04-17-2007, 08:15 AM
no reservations, it was a last minute kind of thing...i decided to go fishing basically at about 9 on sunday night haha

ok thats cool, i was going to have to get ghetto with one of my co-workers!!! peace...

BakoBassin
04-17-2007, 09:16 AM
Do they still do the Day At The Docks deal there at 55? Used to go when I was kid when it was Queens Wharf.

ghetto dad
04-17-2007, 09:26 AM
lol...no sorry bro....there are some big plans in the works for that place, im not at liberty to say right now......you can still come down and eat and listen to live music on the weekends.....not saying its good live music, its like "Ghetto Idol" there on the weekends, it drives me insane..... :D

BakoBassin
04-17-2007, 09:44 AM
Ah...I live kinda far now. When I was a kid and lived in Long Beach, they'd do that deal and we'd catch mackeral by the bucket load and win free boat passes. It'd be cool if they still did it so I could take my kids there.

ghetto dad
04-17-2007, 11:21 AM
yeah, that would be cool..as far as the macks, they dont come around as often as they used to in there....probably cuzz of the gang of 200 lb f*(@FHR seals there!!!!! we need a seal population reduction, its getting ridiculous..

gnfshn
04-18-2007, 10:54 PM
I learned resie now means reservation. man English is hard to keep up with. sounds like a stressful time trying to find a boat. Glad you got out and caught some fish.