PDA

View Full Version : Megaforce and Sahara cheap

tacklejunkie
07-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Couple used lower end reels for sale. Saving money for rod wrapping so need a few bucks on the side to support my tackle habit.

#1 is an older Shimano Sahara 750 FB. Used and abuse but still works. HAs scratches. Comes with extra spool. little bit of play in the handle but common with this model. I modified the worm gear by polishing the edges that ride against the frame for a smoother retreive.

Will lube up the gears and rebuild the drag with cals drag grease for the buyer. The drag is nice, just a little play in the handle is all. Asking $25 or $30 shipped.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/saharasale.jpg

Also #2 is a Daiwa Magaforce 100tsh 7.1 ratio fast with twitchin' bar. Casts like a dream but needs cleaning often or it'll start grinding coffee. Will lube and drag grease before I hand it off so it's ready to go. asking $30 or $35 shipped.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/ninja%20bass%207-8-09/nightbass7-8-09008.jpg

Can accept paypal and ship, otherwise requesting local pickup. Thanks guys and gals. These reels have scratches and I used them up quite a bit, but I'll clean them up and get them running as smooth as possible for you and they'll work out if you need an extra backup reel or a cheapie for the cousins or whatever.

Let me know. No bent or broken parts, just boat rash. Can put pics if anyone is interested.

HEMAN
07-09-2009, 11:46 AM
i'll take that megaforce!,

---
grr nevermind.. i gotta control myself. need to sell a couple rods first.

tacklejunkie
07-09-2009, 12:10 PM
haha
gotta recycle some goods to get others.

BTW, happy early 1000th :Wink:

tacklejunkie
07-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Hey now,
also have a busted cardiff 200 righty. Levelwind broke throwing LC's in the surf. Will work good for parts or send it in to Shimano for repair. I think it's just the levelwind rudder. Simple fix prolly, or maybe the levelwind gear. These suckers can cast a country mile.
Asking $20 picked up.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/cardiff200.jpg

Check back later. Might clean out my fishing gear tonight if I can free up some time.

Bigreeler
07-09-2009, 08:58 PM
sent pm for cardiff.

tacklejunkie
07-09-2009, 09:08 PM
The cardiff and the megaforce are spoken for. Sorry mang.
I still have the Sahara left. $25 p/u with fresh lube. Not perfect but not bad.

Nessie Hunter
07-10-2009, 06:53 AM
Ill offer ya $25 shipped for the Sahara?? Paypal!!

BTW did the Cardiff sort of jump and/or not move in the Level wind when you cranked???
They have a nylon gear at base of the Metal main gear that drives the level wind.
That softer gear seems to strip out easily..... Easy fix...

They come 2 in a pack from Shimano. I have an extra new one if the buyer needs it.. Im in Heperia, just pay shipping, probably the price of a Stamp!!
Shimano will probably send FREE if ya call..
Do for all my small parts Like those gears...

tacklejunkie
07-10-2009, 08:33 AM
Will PM payment addy nessie.
Thanks mang. Will ship it out Monday. Using USPS from home.
She's been through a lot of use but still perfectly usable. Good drag to land the fishies if you can ignore the little bit of handle play. Anti-reverse is working fine. I think that small handle play could be removed as well with a new plastic bushing or replacement bearing of the right size.

I think the levelwind problem with the cardiff is in the levelwind rudder inside the line guide.
It broke during a looooong hard cast backlash with the LC in the surf. I think trying to cast over the waves in Malibu.
The gear seems to be OK.. the levelwind worm turns fine. You know that little half rounded piece that goes in the levelwind track, I think that's the problem or the levelwind worm itself. One of the two.
I'm actually gonna give it to Hakaveli for offering to help solve my photoshop problems at the surf event. Same with the Megaforce to Heman. I lost a $700 photoshop and they're helping me get it back. :Cool:

All the reels and parts are spoken for, for now. When I get to cleaning out some more of my stuff I'll throw it up. Might have a surf rod and some swimbaits and other goods up for sale soon when I can get to it.

Nessie Hunter
07-10-2009, 08:49 AM
Will PM payment addy nessie.

Thanks. Will ship it out Monday. Using USPS from home.

Cool !!! Ill PM the shipping address.. Thanks