PDA

View Full Version : No stocking in city parks

Koontaj
07-08-2009, 02:22 PM
I've check the stocking schedule for CA and noticed that they have not stocked any fish for a while.

Is their another site that shows the stocking schedule?

X

Jimmy310
07-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Cutbacks nothing in sight for a while

pacerpacer8
07-08-2009, 04:27 PM
our state gov is taking money set asside for dfg hes the problem with the stocking

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
07-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Get prepared for other cutbacks in alot of things...thats what happens when you go democrat house and president.....lolololol...i seen this commin a mile away when i seen idiots at the parks spoutin obama this obama that, yeah he walked into a failing economy but he thought he could pay "bail" everyone out....my pops always told me "the only way out of a hole is to dig diagnal, although it takes longer there is still that risk of caving in" just somthin to think of in 2012--thats if we are still here in 2012, thats for another thread...goodtimes????

bman90278
07-09-2009, 08:05 AM
our state gov is taking money set asside for dfg hes the problem with the stocking

Its really sad to see our State making so many cuts in needed areas like education and in other areas. In the grand scheme of things I'm sure our DFG stocking isn't super important so to speak, but it sucks to hear the money allocated for stocking is going elsewhere. Time to start holding all of our current politicians accountable.

brian

crystalmath79
07-09-2009, 08:14 AM
--thats if we are still here in 2012, thats for another thread...goodtimes????

Dec. 21, 2013 End of the Mayan Calendar, end of one age and beginning of another

Clobbersaurus
07-09-2009, 08:32 AM
Check the LA Times Outdoors Blog HERE (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/outposts/2009/07/trout-plants-for-southern-california-and-eastern-sierra-during-the-week-beginning-july-6.html) on Sunday nights. While there is much politicized misinformation in this thread, word is that DFG has shifted funds from SoCal to the Eastern Sierras. Complete heresay, but they have yet to miss a week of stocking up there so far.

Democrat President and house have nothing to do with a Republican governor who has made MLPA a top priority in spite of the current financial crisis and is intent on closing all state parks.

Skyler
07-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Check the LA Times Outdoors Blog HERE (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/outposts/2009/07/trout-plants-for-southern-california-and-eastern-sierra-during-the-week-beginning-july-6.html) on Sunday nights. While there is much politicized misinformation in this thread, word is that DFG has shifted funds from SoCal to the Eastern Sierras. Complete heresay, but they have yet to miss a week of stocking up there so far.

Democrat President and house have nothing to do with a Republican governor who has made MLPA a top priority in spite of the current financial crisis and is intent on closing all state parks.

You hit the nail on the head. I've been pointing this fact out for the last few years. It's especially bad for us in the inland empire, as we fall into the same district as the Eastern Sierras. At least LA gets a few catfish. We haven't had a catfish stock in the last four years. And even our trout plants are dismal compared to E. Sierra waters. We pay just as much for our licenses as the folks in Inyo/Mono county. Why do they get all of the fish? Anyways, here is the list of waters to be stocked in our district this week. It looks very similar to many past weeks. 30+ Sierra waters to be stocked. 0-5 inland waters. Nice to see the DFG looking out for us San Bernardino and Riverside residents. Frankly, I'm pissed...

7/5/2009

Inyo Cottonwood Creek
Mono Sherwin Creek
Mono Deadman Creek
Mono Saddlebag Creek
Inyo George Creek
Inyo Shepherd Creek
Mono Robinson Creek
Mono Lee Vining Creek
Mono Walker River Little
Mono Rush Creek
Inyo South Fork Bishop Creek
Inyo Lone Pine Creek
Inyo Big Pine Creek
Inyo Independence Creek
Mono Mammoth Creek
Inyo Middle Fork Bishop Creek
Inyo lower Owens River below Tinemaha Reservoir
Mono Convict Creek
Inyo Taboose Creek
Mono McGee Creek
Inyo Goodale Creek
Inyo Tinemaha Creek
Mono Mill Creek
Inyo Tuttle Creek
Mono South Fork Lee Vining Creek
Mono Glass Creek
Inyo Lower Bishop Creek
Inyo Baker Creek
Mono Grant Lake
Mono lower Twin Lake
Mono Saddlebag Lake
Mono June Lake
Mono Twin Lakes
Inyo Lake Sabrina
Inyo South Lake
Mono Convict Lake
Mono Lake Mary
Mono Lundy Lake
Mono Silver Lake
Mono Tioga Lake
Mono Ellery Lake
Mono Gull Lake
Inyo Rock Creek Lake
Mono Lake George
Mono upper Virginia Lake
Inyo North Lake
Mono Lake Mamie
Inyo Bishop Creek Dam Intake No. 2
Mono Trumbull Lake
Mono lower Virginia Lake
Mono upper Twin Lake
Mono Rock Creek
Inyo lower Owens River from Stewart Lane to Laws
Mono upper Owens River from Benton Crossing to Crowley Lake
Mono Rock Creek from Paradise Lodge to Tuff Campground
Mono Rock Creek from French Camp to upper bridge at Rock Creek Lodge
Mono West Walker River Section 2
Mono West Walker River Section 3

megafisher94
07-09-2009, 10:15 AM
Dec. 21, 2013 End of the Mayan Calendar, end of one age and beginning of another
i thought its dec 12, 2012. whatever

crystalmath79
07-10-2009, 09:22 AM

oops, mean Dec. 21, 2012

er1c_the_reefer
07-10-2009, 01:25 PM

ahhhhnold is only republican by name. just sayin'.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
07-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Its really sad to see our State making so many cuts in needed areas like education and in other areas. In the grand scheme of things I'm sure our DFG stocking isn't super important so to speak, but it sucks to hear the money allocated for stocking is going elsewhere. Time to start holding all of our current politicians accountable.

brianstart holding our politician accountable??where have you been...they are always accountable...two things i don't trust "politicians and anglers"

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
07-11-2009, 11:53 AM
all i know is right to bare arms..once we lose that, prepare for anything..NRA the last stand from a tyratical gov...present day...im just sayin...

crystalmath79
07-12-2009, 09:32 AM
Gov. Schwarzenegger took the normal Republican response of not raising taxes and cutting services. Democrats don't want services to be cut/discontinued by raising taxes.

BrownTrout
07-13-2009, 10:40 AM
i guess you already forgot about the sales tax increase we just had go into effect a month or so ago?

Mrmedia
07-13-2009, 10:42 AM
If there is no more fish stockings than WTF does are fishing license pay for?

crystalmath79
07-14-2009, 12:36 AM
i guess you already forgot about the sales tax increase we just had go into effect a month or so ago?

Wasn't that just for Los Angeles County?

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
07-14-2009, 12:45 AM
Wasn't that just for Los Angeles County? state...every county is trying to tax everything and anyone..like villrogosa trying to tax his peeps for the micheal jackson funeral..lol just hold on for a long ride of democrates being in control of everything, can't blame no one else for it's failure to boost america..:Popcorn: just waiting for 2 more years and hear them libs talk about how it was good when clinton was in control, makes me laugh, fix whats now..

usmcfisherman
07-20-2009, 03:18 PM
the mojave narrows is still gettn cats every thursday

Skyler
07-20-2009, 03:44 PM
the mojave narrows is still gettn cats every thursday

That's because the narrows is a county-run regional park. Those cats are being dumped by the county, not DFG. Glen Helen, Guasti, and Yucaipa also get 'em.

Skyler
07-20-2009, 03:49 PM
If there is no more fish stockings than WTF does are fishing license pay for?

Apparently it goes to the fishery management of Eastern Sierra waters and the enforcement of their regs. It also goes to all those nifty little reg books that nobody reads anymore, lol. Soon the license will cost $100, and there won't be ANY stocking at all, lol. This state is really going down the crapper...

The Rookie
07-22-2009, 10:53 AM
Yea, like Skyler said there are more gov't agencies stocking the waters than you might think. I know that some OC lakes get stocked publicly by the DFG and quietly by OC parks department, or in some cases by the city in which the lake is located as part of local city efforts to promote use of the parks.(by locals) However, these stockings are not posted on the internet for all the poachers and hogs to see and they might not be as frequent or large as the DFG stockings. They keep it on the DL, sometimes if you chat nicely with a park worker they will let you know when the unpublished stockings occur.

As far as Arnold, repubs, dems, deficits. .. yada yada yada....it will all work out in time.:Big Grin:

goodguy
07-22-2009, 01:39 PM
More fuel for the fire.... We will also be paying more in state income taxes this year to help the state debt... My bracket went up the most of any other tax brackets... Way to screw the middle class there Rep. Arnold... Oh and by the way this is state not to be confused with federal... State income taxes going up but property taxes down for me... I guess it works out, but still interesting considering we barely get back anything from state to begin with....