PDA

View Full Version : Campground availability

yztim
07-08-2009, 09:22 AM
Heading out early to Bishop tomorrow am. Starting at Intake campground, but I know it has only a few sites. How tough is it to get a site going on a thurs morning. We are starting in bishop creek canyon, but may end up at rock creek canyon if nothing in bishop.
thanks for any advice,
tim

Liteweight
07-08-2009, 09:47 PM
Heading out early to Bishop tomorrow am. Starting at Intake campground, but I know it has only a few sites. How tough is it to get a site going on a thurs morning. We are starting in bishop creek canyon, but may end up at rock creek canyon if nothing in bishop.
thanks for any advice,
tim

Availability might be tough. Kind of day to day, week to week up there. Since your going up in the morning you might beat out those who leave after work.

Only other option would be Brown's (south of Bishop) or Lower Owens (below PVR), but I know that's kind of dicey with the heat at that elevation.

Because of the crowds this time of year, I usually head to the Mammoth area because there's so much more sites.

Sorry, I couldn't be of more help.
LW

YANKEES4LIFE
07-17-2009, 08:10 PM
well i personally like sabrina campground but that camp is always full fast. umm four jefferys is a good one. not so much shade but it is a nice well kept campground.