PDA

View Full Version : Deep sea fishing

trashetanush
07-07-2009, 09:54 PM
I wanna head out Deep sea fishing on July 17, and the fish we're aiming for are Yellow tails. The problem is that i dont know any boats that take you to good spots. Im willing to pay 60$-100$. I've been lookin through some websites but dont understand any of it. If anyone knows any info, please Help me out.

victor101
07-07-2009, 10:08 PM
I wanna head out Deep sea fishing on July 17, and the fish we're aiming for are Yellow tails. The problem is that i dont know any boats that take you to good spots. Im willing to pay 60$-100$. I've been lookin through some websites but dont understand any of it. If anyone knows any info, please Help me out.

your best bet is on a overnight trip...the toronado out of pierpoint is still running a $100 overnight special I think. The regular price for an overnight price is around $130. The Freedom out of 22nd street has been getting them on a regular basis.

If u dont want to do an overnighter...I would jump on a full day to catalina island for around $60. Best bets on a full or 3/4 day are the Tradition out of Redondo sportfishing, the Pursuit out of 22nd street landing or the Freelance out of Davey's Locker.

you can check out daily fish counts on 976tuna.com

EastCoaster
07-07-2009, 10:42 PM
It depends where you live.. There are many landings in San Diego that a 3/4 day will put you at the Coronado Islands. I havent heard to much about them right now though....

ghetto dad
07-07-2009, 10:45 PM
First of all, dont call it "deep sea" fishing.....lol

the CHEAPEST youll find right now is about $100.....san diego is gonna cost you twice if not three times that much....

GD

Ricky-Ray
07-08-2009, 12:07 AM
60-100 bucks will get you a 3/4 day boat, price will depend if your in LA, OC, or San Diego area. LA/OC boats will most likely hit Catalina, while the San Diego boats will probably hit the Coronado's if they are on the hunt for yellowtail.

If your mainly looking to target yellowtail your best bet would be to jump on an overnight boat. Overnight boats from LA/OC will most likely hit San Clemente Island while the San Diego boats will head offshore looking for kelp paddy's. Expect to pay anywhere from 100-200 bucks for an overnight trip.

IMO the best bet right now would be to jump on a 1.5 day trip out of San Diego. Probably run you a little over 200 bucks but you'll get to fish from sun up to sundown. More time on the water will definitely increase your chances of getting your target fish. Besides on a 1.5 day trip outta SD you have the possibility of catching albacore and bluefin right now too.