PDA

View Full Version : BBL Trout fishing

bstolton
07-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Hey Guys

Heading up to big bear on monday for some trout fishing.Haven`t fished there in 20 years or more so need some imput on good spots. Think`n about renting a boat, not for troll`n, just for more access to different areas. Saw bendos report and they were fishing the north side, is this by the dam? Nice trout by the way.Any tips on lures and jigs that work up there and PB colors and how far off the bottom or what depths are good this time of year.

Thanks Bill

bstolton
07-13-2009, 10:59 AM
Change in plans going up tuesday instead anybody been there in the last couple of days. any input would be apreciated. pm if you want.

Thanks Bill

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
07-13-2009, 11:11 AM
say bill, just got back from bbl sunday nite ...got 6 fatties in the 4lbs range and 3 1lbs, lost 4 to hook failure and all were caught at night with headlights on the water with rainbow and spring green mixed..caught on the north shore, if you take the 18 don't turn right at the damn, keep going straight for about 3 miles or so you'll see a sign that says "welcome to fawnskin" keep driving till you see a shack and some sail boats the spot is right of you park and cast as far as the bouye line...all of my catches were between 11:00 pm-4:00pm...didn't catch any in the early morning..goodluck bro and let me know how it goes for you..

p.s. don't get cheap spiderwire 4lbs test/ go to basspro and pick up some izore line 4lbs, you'll thank me later..

bstolton
07-13-2009, 05:33 PM
Thanks BGH
my buddy is renting a boat and I`m going to meet him up there first thing in the am, hopefully we can find the spot u r talking about from the water.
Thanks Bill

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
07-13-2009, 05:39 PM
Thanks BGH
my buddy is renting a boat and I`m going to meet him up there first thing in the am, hopefully we can find the spot u r talking about from the water.
Thanks Bill
i think it was called windy pointe or somthin..near the sailboats..

seal
07-14-2009, 07:49 AM
i think it was called windy pointe or somthin..near the sailboats..

Windy point the point just before you hang a left and enter Grout Bay. I was up there over the weekend and most talked about success at night, especially when the moon comes up. I only fished till 8:00pm or so, long days. Managed a few on fly's.

Seems like they are more active late at night right now for some reason, last year in the evening it would be wide open.

bstolton
07-15-2009, 03:50 PM
well we had a nice day out on the water but fishing was real slow. my buddy wanted to troll,not really my thing but he invited me so I went along for the ride. He caught 2 trout, 1lb and 2lb and I got the big skunk.It was very hot for up there and alot of people we talked to weren`t catching anything. a couple of guys did say they had luck at night, like BGH did.

Bill