PDA

View Full Version : I hear ***crickets***

saintarv
07-07-2009, 02:07 PM
It's been a week since someone posted here. Anybody fished SARL or Corona lately? Bueller? Bueller? LOL :LOL: What's the haps? I haven't gone out myself except for Irvine last week.

troutdog
07-07-2009, 02:14 PM
I was thinking the same thing...I'm considering a night session next week just to get the ball rolling again. I would prefer fishing Corona to have the resident bass to fall back on and a shot at some holdover kittys(considering it wasn't drained this fall), but the proximity has me thinking Sarl will have to do.

If I go I will give you a couple days heads up, maybe we can meet up and I can steal all your "secret" spots :Secret: :Wink:

TD

saintarv
07-07-2009, 02:32 PM
I was thinking the same thing...I'm considering a night session next week just to get the ball rolling again. I would prefer fishing Corona to have the resident bass to fall back on and a shot at some holdover kittys(considering it wasn't drained this fall), but the proximity has me thinking Sarl will have to do.

If I go I will give you a couple days heads up, maybe we can meet up and I can steal all your "secret" spots :Secret: :Wink:

TD

My secret spots were for trout season. Catfish they always move on me every season. So I guess we have to find out where they're at. Let me know when you are going out. FYI - next week I'll be at a seminar in San Diego from Mon - Thurs.

Marley
07-07-2009, 05:28 PM
NO CRICKETS! YOU CANNOT USE CRICKETS FOR BAIT!

OOPS..Wrong board. Sorry.

Everything is just a bash-fest lately, who wants to post? Guys go out and can't seem to get a bite where they want to get a bite, which is obviously where the fish aren't. Don't want to get a boat, but that's how you get to the fish right now. Sturgeon aren't jumping into nets (okay, they're not juming into or onto a darned thing yet) and everyone says the fishing stinks and always has and it's getting worse.

Whew, I feel better. Sorry for the rant. This isn't the board that I moderate, so I can let go a little every now and then, no?
I was actually thinking about hitting SAR this weekend, but just got word that the Thunderbird is returning to Davey's Locker and I just might have to do the overnighter islands thing Saturday/Sunday. Very nostalgic boat.

Marley
07-07-2009, 08:32 PM
...side note i saw the thunderbird at 22nd street a few weeks ago.:Shocked:

Caught my first yellow at 'Clemente with Kenny driving. They had been hitting mini macks so we dumped two bait tanks of squid just outside the harbor entrance and then filled them with mack. When we got there, the yellows wanted squid. Doh! Another day, Kenny ran into five acres of puddling albacore that stayed up for four hours. I'd never seen blood like that before, and it took a WFO dorado bite off of Mag Bay before I saw it again.

Of course, now I'll probably stay home this weekend...

BULLDOGBOOGERS
07-08-2009, 06:54 AM
i have not hit corona lake for about 5 weeks now.......i have been going to irvine......and getting my limit on cats the past 3 fridays in a row..... all in the two & three pound range. but no big ones ! i was thinking about going this friday afternoon to corona but i hate to pay the 60.00 to get in & 8.00 to launch my boat.......when i will only fish from about 6:00 pm till about 4:00 am the next morning....i think irvine lake has spoiled me. and i like there boat ramp hehehe.:LOL:

scott

CASTAWAY
07-08-2009, 08:30 AM
I went Friday morning and saw this one dude hooking up on Talapia in the big lake by the three pipes. I tried to get on the bite also but it didn't happen for me. I got the :Skunk:

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq264/castaway06_2008/001-5.jpg?t=1247101458
they always try to stop me from getting a good spot.:Big Grin:
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq264/castaway06_2008/002-6.jpg?t=1247101545
had to go right onto the dirt area to pass
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq264/castaway06_2008/003-7.jpg?t=1247101605
this sucker is huge
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq264/castaway06_2008/005-3.jpg?t=1247101643
here's one more. caught in the moring using n/c as bait.
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq264/castaway06_2008/006-5.jpg?t=1247101711
check out this stringer though. they did the overnight thingy fishing chris's pond. might not be like that everytime but this time it was bang! bang!:Smile:

grimpy
07-08-2009, 06:11 PM
i gotta get out there one day... been way too long

Marley
07-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Those tilapia are strong fighters! I caught a few a couple of years ago using my favorite trout bait, half a 'crawler blown up and fished Carolina-style 16 inches up. They were incidentals while targeting whiskers. I catch alot of catfish that way and they're a blast on the 2-pound tackle. My biggest catfish so far on the 2-lb. is just over 8 pounds. Almost half an hour to land it in my float tube, of all things.

saintarv
07-08-2009, 07:22 PM
i gotta get out there one day... been way too long

Hey Darrin long time no see. Let me know when you're going. It's been awhile since I saw you at SARL.

hoytrecurver
07-31-2009, 12:02 PM
Now that's there is the 1/2 off Fridays I've been thinking of going there maybe when my brother gets back from Chicago. I never fished for Tilapia before. What do they usually go for? I'll also be going for catfish and will use the M&M method as this usually works there from what I have read. Of course I'll have backups like chicken liver, and mack. Not sure if I'll go for sturgeon though.