PDA

View Full Version : Camping help

ghetto dad
07-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Hey guys....i have a few "weekend" camping spots that I have been taking my family for a few years....they have fishing, pools, showers, etc..in San Diego area..BUT....

the areas we camp dont allow sunday night camping (the grassy shady tent areas)...so my question is this...anyone know of any campgrounds that i can take my daughter to that i can arrive on sunday morning-ish and leave monday early afternoon with the amenties that I have mentioned? Also, it needs to be a place that I wont have to spend $300 for camping and fishing.........thanks everyone....

GD

Troutman65
07-06-2009, 10:02 PM
Irvine lake :!!!:

You had to of known I would say that GD

ghetto dad
07-06-2009, 10:02 PM

check your pm

Troutman65
07-06-2009, 10:26 PM
check your pm

PM returned :Big Grin:

Flying
07-07-2009, 12:10 AM

They have a pool and showers?

I was going to recommend Skinner but their pool is down till 2010.

NoHo ART
07-07-2009, 12:54 AM
i don't know about the dates but try campland

Webfoot
07-07-2009, 03:20 PM
G-Dad,

Most of the better places are booked out for the summer and campsite availability is limited. You might try Dogwood Campground through Reserve America. Lake Gregory is less than 5 miles away and has designated swim beaches, waterslides and decent fishing for you and the little ones.

ghetto dad
07-07-2009, 03:31 PM
They have a pool and showers?

I was going to recommend Skinner but their pool is down till 2010.

Irvine has no pool...but i think they DO have showers....i need a pool for my daughter in this heat, or at least a place to swim

i don't know about the dates but try campland

thanks art....but that is for the big ballers of OC with their 75 foot RV's man....

G-Dad,

Most of the better places are booked out for the summer and campsite availability is limited. You might try Dogwood Campground through Reserve America. Lake Gregory is less than 5 miles away and has designated swim beaches, waterslides and decent fishing for you and the little ones.

thanks homie.....i appreciate it.....

my goal is to spend more time with my 9 soon to be 10 year old lil girl this summer...and she LOVES camping....

thanks guys

GD

Hometown
07-07-2009, 03:35 PM
If its not to far for you has all you asked for but with the drive i almost allways stay 2 knights

ghetto dad
07-07-2009, 03:38 PM
If its not to far for you has all you asked for but with the drive i almost allways stay 2 knights

damn....I totally forgot about cachuma...thanks a LOT!!!! ill check it....

GD

NoHo ART
07-07-2009, 09:34 PM
thanks art....but that is for the big ballers of OC with their 75 foot RV's man....

GD
no bro they have tent camp sites too and they are not that expensive
http://www.campland.com/camping_rates.php?tab=0

its a nice and clean place

calico killer kevin
07-07-2009, 09:55 PM
Campland is sick bro. I'm gonna be down there later this summer, but Doheny is a nice campsite too.

Hometown
07-07-2009, 10:11 PM

You had to of known I would say that GD

might work if they didnt make you pay for two days fishing to camp one night still no pool or swiming

ghetto dad
07-07-2009, 10:44 PM
no bro they have tent camp sites too and they are not that expensive
http://www.campland.com/camping_rates.php?tab=0

its a nice and clean place

no, I know brother....but the last thing i wanna do is take her to a place where all the spoiled rich kids have sedoos and boats and things...while I dont have that for her...kinda make me feel bad.....

GD

tall tales
07-08-2009, 03:47 PM
try lake henshaw i know it has pool and showers. i havent camped there in afew years and it under new owners from what i learned there last week. plus you have the lajolla indian reservation around the corner rent tube for a few bucks and float down the river. i sometimes just take my kid to the picinic spot in between both places just to get out of the heat. many other killer places to go up that way. good luck and have fun.
TT

NoHo ART
07-08-2009, 08:08 PM
rent one for her http://fun2go.com/

ghetto dad
07-08-2009, 08:47 PM
try lake henshaw i know it has pool and showers. i havent camped there in afew years and it under new owners from what i learned there last week. plus you have the lajolla indian reservation around the corner rent tube for a few bucks and float down the river. i sometimes just take my kid to the picinic spot in between both places just to get out of the heat. many other killer places to go up that way. good luck and have fun.
TT

ive camped there....too much of a party crowd there.....all I head was OG Vics music there all night.....thanks man....other than the noise tho, it was a cool place to camp.....

Im leaning towards Cachuma.....

GD

James343
07-08-2009, 09:27 PM
I was just at Piru 2 weeks ago and it has everything you want but the pool. They do have a swim beach though.

Daryl
07-09-2009, 03:43 PM
GD, check this out.

http://www.woodsvalley.com/whattodoatwoodsvalley.html

ghetto dad
07-09-2009, 04:36 PM
GD, check this out.

http://www.woodsvalley.com/whattodoatwoodsvalley.html

LOLOL!!! thanks man, that is our MAIN place we camp!!! Thats funny!! lol... the only thing is they dont allow camping in the Goat Meadows area sunday nights, unless its a holiday..we just got back from there!! thanks

GD

troutdog
07-09-2009, 05:11 PM
Cachuma would be nice especially with a little cooler weather up North and the close proximity to the beach for a change of pace if you feel like it. Have a great time with your daughter Steve.

TD

ghetto dad
07-09-2009, 06:30 PM
Cachuma would be nice especially with a little cooler weather up North and the close proximity to the beach for a change of pace if you feel like it. Have a great time with your daughter Steve.

TD

yeah...thanks TD...just nervous about trying something different though....I am going to try to do this before the end of July, Daddy/Daughter time homie...

GD

ghetto dad
07-10-2009, 10:28 PM
Lake Morena, (campo, ca) and Lake Dixon, near San Diego..... both are nice to camp and fish. Both locations are family friendly.
They also have rental fishing boats.....
Lake Morena information http://www.kayakandcanoeguidebooks.com/lakemorena.htm

First Photo lake Morena campground, 2nd Photo Lake Dixon - 3rd photo Lake Morena

nice...thanks Sky!!

I called Cahuma yesterday...what sucks is that they dont let you make reservations, it is "first come,first serve" wth?? I told the lady I didnt wanna drive from OC all the way up there to only be turned away....I also told her that i would arrive on a Sunday, and then she told me that everyone usually checks out on Sunday, so come up around 2 pm, shouldnt be a problem....???....i think ima go for it at the end of July with my lil girl, and hopefully the lady was right.....

thanks everyone for the help

GD

Troutman65
07-11-2009, 12:17 AM
Hey Steve, Irvine Lake now has Family Sundays. I hope that works out for you and your Daughter. Irvine Lake is trying.:Wink:

ghetto dad
07-11-2009, 08:12 AM
Hey Steve, Irvine Lake now has Family Sundays. I hope that works out for you and your Daughter. Irvine Lake is trying.:Wink:

yeah, I saw that. That is nice for them to do, it helps a lot of people. Thanks bro

GD

WARRIORMIKE
07-11-2009, 08:52 AM
Check out Big Bear!

Hometown
07-11-2009, 05:08 PM
if you go on sunday you should have no problem like the staff said alot of people leave sunday pm me if you need any info i think they have somthing like 350 spots

ghetto dad
07-11-2009, 09:11 PM
if you go on sunday you should have no problem like the staff said alot of people leave sunday pm me if you need any info i think they have somthing like 350 spots

thanks homie....i REALLY aprreciate it...

GD

Troutman65
07-11-2009, 11:46 PM
Don't forget to bring one of these,

http://www.viewpoints.com/images/review/2007/140/12/1179681000-70765_full.jpg:LOL::Wink: