PDA

View Full Version : Black Marlin off 14Mi Bank?

Jbro
07-06-2009, 09:23 PM
this online today boyz! From JD's big game web site in NPB... Bill Fishers bust out the big gear, if this is true no light liners need fish as this fish will bust your best local water tackle..go get er. Make sure to release it if you are so lucky wrestle with it...

A check with a swordfish boat Pilikai-- this afternoon who had just seen a big-- big marlin near the 14 Mile Bank-- he's over on my left side 1/2 off my port quarter--- up tailing-- down swell--- they just had him up again, almost on the same numbers as yesterdays sighting of a swordfish in the same area--- 22 /58 Big fish they spotted it slow tailing-- and watched it as it came down the side of the boat -- Pecks (Pictorial fins) all out --- --- another smaller boat came on the air- they had been shark fishing with a line of chum out-- we're rigging up a marlin rig right now and were headed over there-- thanks-- - looks like he's gone down---- nope he's up again off our bow---about my 12:30 he's in that slick--1:08pm- got big pecks out-- almost like a Black-- we're not seeing him------------ We got em" ---roger thanks for your help-- ------------------------ You on there JD--- Yea--- the airplane just got a good looks at him--- he's not a Striped Marlin but a Black Marlin--- big fish 300-400lbs----!

megafisher94
07-08-2009, 06:30 PM
wow... looks like the water is warming up.