PDA

View Full Version : Little trout help?!?!?!

LunkerLover
07-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Hey fellow FNN-ers....

Here's the deelio.... My brother-in-law and I are leaving Saturday morning for a week away travelin' up the 395 to Mammoth ...

I would LOVE some help from you guys on some hot spots to fish while heading up the 395 ... we're leaving from Riverside and plan to just wing it on the way up there ... I've been told about fishing the Owen's River and that's about it .... bringing BOTH the trout set-ups and the LMB set-ups ...

ANY HELP on spots would be SWEET - PM me if you'd like ... I'm 100% C&R ...

DaFish
07-07-2009, 09:20 AM
I would ask the local shops in the area you are going to.
I like Rick's in Mammoth on the main road.

I like to Visit the scenic Lee Vining Area.
Saddlebag lake the 2 mile drive up the road is scenic. Fish are small.

But if it is quality Fish you have to take a boat on Crowley Lake.

I think I will try Virginia lakes for the 1st time if I cannot get to Saddlebag.

I am up there Jully 10th.

DogKnot
07-07-2009, 10:53 AM
Lunker
i would suggest reading some of the Sierra reports in the eastern Sierra message board never fished for large mouth but there is plenty of info on trout lakes and streams good luck
DK

J. Owen
07-07-2009, 11:04 AM
the best way for novice anglers to scout water is trolling ratle traps until you hook up
then stop and slow it down and work the area
and as for trout im a very very newby to em
ive only caught them trolling small ratle traps and small rapala trout paterns
hope this helps
good times
and tight lines

Pinekap
07-07-2009, 12:01 PM
I was just at BIG Pine Creek at the end of june. The creek is stocked and fishing there is very easy if you want to have some fun. Also if you go up to the top to the pond it was holding many trout and some of the group were catching many fish from there as well.

Big Pine is just south of Bishop, Not sure how far up the 395 your planning on going.

On one of the days i stopped in at one of the local fishing shops in Bishop (I think it was Chucks), and he has "Eastern Sierra Fishing Guide" Books on his counter for free, This was a very interesting read, it goes over all the lakes and stream in the area.

Good luck and hope you have allot of fun, wish i was going back up.

PineKap.