PDA

View Full Version : Blind Bassin'

tacklejunkie
07-06-2009, 10:57 AM

DccFISHerMan
07-06-2009, 11:43 AM
nice going out there man, sux losing a fish so close!!

matt duarte
07-06-2009, 12:09 PM
nice going dude!! me and bryan told you that chatter will kill!

hookup
07-06-2009, 01:07 PM
dam dude nice fish bro.

Flying
07-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Bummer about the bait Dude. You'll just have to go back out and get it back:Smile:

tacklejunkie
07-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Ron says I gotta loosen the drag but I tightened it down after that fat fish shook me off cause I didn't land him quick enough so now I don't know what to do cause it just broke on the next fish. :LOL: I see some beefy lookin' chatters on tacklewarehouse I might try. The videos on TW show the dude horsing the 3-4lb fish in skittering across the surface, not giving it any time to move. He's obviously using a quick retreive reel and a beefy stick. I think my setup is right, maybe it is just my drag too tight. I don't know what happened, I couldn't see! :Razz:

matt duarte
07-06-2009, 04:56 PM
ya thats weird proly just a faulty bait...when me and bryan had those 2 days at the lake catching like 20+ bass each day on chatters, we were defently "hoursing" these fish to the boat skippin them accross the top of the water and pullin them up on the boat with just the rod. and we never had one bait break...had the line break but not the bait.. i say get a new one even the same one i bet it wont break..the eye lit on the lead part of the bait proly had a crack in it... ill show you the ones me and bryan were killin it on this weekend well mob to bps..i dont know the name of the chatter but it wasnt the booya bait.. well go slay some toads!

Socal Bassman
07-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Nice job on the chatterbait fish bro. Sucks to hear about the broken bait. It happens though, more often than you might think. I've broke three chatterbaits while fighting fish so far. I use the original, made by Rad Lures. At first, I thought it was just me, then I've read about other people having the same problem on other boards. As for fighting fish, the Rad Lures chatterbait has good fish holding power. However, when I'm fishing at night, I bring out the big guns because you never know what you'll tie into at night. With that said, I use a 7' MH-H action rod with 65lb. test Power Pro when I'm throwing chatterbaits or slow rolling spinnerbaits.

tacklejunkie
07-06-2009, 08:42 PM
Nice, I picked up a few of those Rad lures and the Zman ones that look just like the Rad lures (what up with that?!)

I took the gold booyah blade remnant from last night and slipped the chrome blade off the green pumpkin colored Rad chatter and put the booyah blade on there. Already customizing. Will see how that one works verses others next time.

To be honest I like the construction of the booyah boogie bait. It seems more solid in every way accept for the blade anchor point. Dangit, never the best of both worlds.

I suppose since blind bass will eat these things, color makes no difference at night. Will also be testing that theory next time. Will see if I get more strikes on darker or lighter baits.

The big one I felt it bounce around in his mouth for a second and slack up before he finally settled down on it for the hook set :LOL: That was craaazy! He just inhaled it whole with brute force! Setting the hook on those could be closely related to swimmy fishing as far as the BAM! factor. lol Hang on!

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll see what happens next time. Never tried braid before.. this should be funny. I guess couldn't hurt to have braid on this rod when I get to froggin' again.

Now might be a good time for that midnight special colorado spinnerbait I've been saving too. Never hooked up on that yet.

One last edit:
Jeeeeezzzeee this thing would kill it for sure. They are chasing gills right now.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/bluegillchatterbait.jpg

matt duarte
07-06-2009, 09:44 PM
damn that one is tight! your gonna have everyone buyin out all the chatters in the stores haha. i might have to keep my eye out for one of those gill chatters... lets hit up skinner or vail this weekend dude! BPS friday fishing saturday or sunday

NICKYMOUSE8
07-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Very nice chatter bait love the sili legs blend.

rrawstron
07-07-2009, 12:25 PM
TJ...

Nice work out there...I was just about to recommend the Revenge Viberator. Sucks that you lose that lunker!!! Get out there again and post up another good report...was this at Perris?

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
07-07-2009, 10:18 PM
IN THE LAND OF THE BLIND. THE BASS WITH ONE EYE IS KING.. nicley done on the slayage and report. i'm sure this is one of many.GOODTIMES...