PDA

View Full Version : Good times at LEGG

quietdiver
07-05-2009, 09:27 PM
I had some time to kill this afternoon so I decided now would be a good time to do some recon at the Legg.
I live in Arcadia and checking out Legg has been on my list of things to do for a long while, I'm sorry that I waited so long to check it out. I got there and was just going to walk the lakes, but along the way I met some of the coolest Bass-ahloics.
I met 4 guys on my trip around the lake and everyone was very cool and willing to just talk and say Hi. whomever they are it has given me a renewed faith in Bass fishermen, Most of the guys I meet at other lakes are "less than friendly"..
cool lake, good peps,

tight lines all you Leggulars.

G

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
07-05-2009, 10:10 PM
I had some time to kill this afternoon so I decided now would be a good time to do some recon at the Legg.
I live in Arcadia and checking out Legg has been on my list of things to do for a long while, I'm sorry that I waited so long to check it out. I got there and was just going to walk the lakes, but along the way I met some of the coolest Bass-ahloics.
I met 4 guys on my trip around the lake and everyone was very cool and willing to just talk and say Hi. whomever they are it has given me a renewed faith in Bass fishermen, Most of the guys I meet at other lakes are "less than friendly"..
cool lake, good peps,

tight lines all you Leggulars.

G
i would like to second that...the leggulars do have a "bass*brotherhood" type feeling there, and they do welcome outsiders as myself from a "fairmont" setting. a nice tourney is held there once in awhile, you just have to look for there post..trust me there all here lookin at your post. i wouldn't be surprised if you get a few threads..sup leggulars where the next tourney..

smokinflies
07-08-2009, 02:04 PM
... I got there and was just going to walk the lakes, but along the way I met some of the coolest Bass-ahloics.
I met 4 guys on my trip around the lake and everyone was very cool and willing to just talk and say Hi...

G

are you sure you were at legg lake?

bigblue
07-08-2009, 08:17 PM
On a recent castaic camping trip i had the pleasure of meeting a great gentlemen that helped me with my first camping experience sure got lucky he was my camping neighbor. But anyways his name was memo and he gave me some great bass fishing tips since im not a bass fisher he even showed me an 8lb bass pix he caught from legg lake. He said he was a regular bass fisher @ legg lake. Hope to catch up w em soon so i can get some more knowledge. Thanks memo!

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
07-08-2009, 11:43 PM
oh leggulars are real helpful, and for that fact it trips me out when i meet shysty anglers..to me and my family it's rare to meet one..

jerryG
07-09-2009, 01:16 AM
On a recent castaic camping trip i had the pleasure of meeting a great gentlemen that helped me with my first camping experience sure got lucky he was my camping neighbor. But anyways his name was memo and he gave me some great bass fishing tips since im not a bass fisher he even showed me an 8lb bass pix he caught from legg lake. He said he was a regular bass fisher @ legg lake. Hope to catch up w em soon so i can get some more knowledge. Thanks memo!

I agree Memo is a great gentleman. He fishes Legg several times a week and I fish with him often. He is one of the coolest people you will ever meet. He fishes hard and never gives up. Thanks Memo.

JerryG

jbassc
07-09-2009, 11:02 AM

Thats a trip im the one who took that picture of memo with that 8 pounder,He caught it on a all night fishing derby at legg they have it every summer in july it should be happening again in a few weeks alot of the leggulars take advantage of the catfish derby to fish for bass all night long me,memo and a few other leggulars have made it a yearly tradition.Memo told me about his castaic trip we were just fishing yesterday at legg.

jbassc
07-09-2009, 11:03 AM
I agree Memo is a great gentleman. He fishes Legg several times a week and I fish with him often. He is one of the coolest people you will ever meet. He fishes hard and never gives up. Thanks Memo.

JerryG

Whats up jerry are you gonna finally join us this year for some all night bass fishing?

santaigo
07-09-2009, 05:32 PM
when is the date... about the derby????

jbassc
07-09-2009, 07:45 PM
when is the date... about the derby????

Every year its on late july i think this year its gonna be on the 25 of july but you have to register as if your gonna fish for catfish they will give you a wrist band cause sometimes the dfg asks for it and they do it for parking reasons also.

jerryG
07-10-2009, 12:06 AM
Whats up jerry are you gonna finally join us this year for some all night bass fishing?

What up Dog thanks for the invite! I’m down to fish now if I could just convince my wife to let me out for the night. Hey but there was a derby just a week and half ago (weekend before last). It was an all night whiskers event in the south lake. Did any of the kitty killers out there go to the event? It looked like a lot of the kitties were already killed before the derby started. I saw a lot of cats floating around in the south lake. I guess the level toxins in Legg was too much for those stocked fish to handle..

JerryG

santaigo
07-10-2009, 12:36 AM
every year its on late july i think this year its gonna be on the 25 of july but you have to register as if your gonna fish for catfish they will give you a wrist band cause sometimes the dfg asks for it and they do it for parking reasons also.

oh okay then thx for the info. And where do i register?:???:

jbassc
07-10-2009, 02:46 PM
What up Dog thanks for the invite! I’m down to fish now if I could just convince my wife to let me out for the night. Hey but there was a derby just a week and half ago (weekend before last). It was an all night whiskers event in the south lake. Did any of the kitty killers out there go to the event? It looked like a lot of the kitties were already killed before the derby started. I saw a lot of cats floating around in the south lake. I guess the level toxins in Legg was too much for those stocked fish to handle..

JerryG

Yeah there was a derby but it was during the morning hours the whole reason for this derby was to show off the new pier in the south lake also it was more of a kids event,Memo was there he told me he talked to the dfgs on horseback and asked if the all night derby was gonna still go on and they said yes late july in the north lake were they have it every year.

jbassc
07-10-2009, 02:47 PM
oh okay then thx for the info. And where do i register?:???:

They usually set up a booth right along the path on the north lake i always try to go right after work so i can register early and not have any problems.

smokinflies
07-10-2009, 03:00 PM
...he told me he talked to the dfgs on horseback and asked if the all night derby was gonna still go on and they said yes late july in the north lake were they have it every year.

last year's derby was pretty cool.

maybe get an overnite tourney going this year.

anyone know exactly what day it's gonna be?

Dr. MindBendo
07-13-2009, 12:04 PM
last year's derby was pretty cool.

maybe get an overnite tourney going this year.

anyone know exactly what day it's gonna be?

I'm down. Let's just find out the date.

jbassc
07-14-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm down. Let's just find out the date.

The exact date is friday july 24 all night to 12:00pm on saturday july 25 i just confirmed with my sister in law she works for parks and rec at legg.

NICKYMOUSE8
07-14-2009, 02:34 PM
I got a nice story for the leggulars i was there the day of the derby near the pier a guy acting like he was letting his kids do the fishing started screaming got it got it I could clearly see the guys rod was bent real bad but he is on the pier a large mob starts running toward the struggling angler the guy on top of the pier he pulls and yanks on this fish like a 300 pound tuna with his saltwater setup finally he brings the catch toward the surface it's a TOAD bass head just sticking out of the water Id say like 12 lber problem is he couldn't lift the bass from the pier every one is hollering and shout ''yeah it's a big one''NICE CATCH THAT'S DINNER''im thinking Phuck another bass lost at legg cause much of the bait dunker fisherman there don't c&r The guy walked the hooked fish round the pier toward the shore to another waiting angler with a net they scoop it up and it's officially doomed im thinking me and my friend Larry ran down there to the mob of lookers 2 get a better look i and a other told the guy hey man let it go there aint to many bass left here man he looked at me and nah im going bbq this bad boy man!!:Wink:I just walked away and said to myself whatever I guess...BUT THEN all of a sudden as the dude was trying to put the bass on his stringer a DFG dude comes down running moving the spectators away he approached the guy and said in a loud voice ''YOU CAUGHT THAT BASS SIR'' the guy looks at him all proud and saya yes sir''here's my license the dfg looks at the license and remains silent for a second GRABS THE BASS from the dudes hands and says CATCH AND RELEASE ON BASS HERE!!! he took the bass and gently revived it and it SWAM AWAY!!the guys eyes looked like they were going to pop he said WHY SIR IM OBEYING THE LAW WHY SIR THAT'S MY CATCH the dfg guys said plain and simple SIR understand this is a catfish derby any thing else under my supervision is C&R Me and LARRY and others look at each other a give out hi fives cause we were glad to see the bass was not going to be taken if only this kind of good story would happen More a legg bcause much of leggs bass and gone!!!NIce to see a DFG FINALLY step up for the fishery!!!HOPE to let the good times roll still....

jerryG
07-14-2009, 11:29 PM
I got a nice story for the leggulars i was there the day of the derby near the pier a guy acting like he was letting his kids do the fishing started screaming got it got it I could clearly see the guys rod was bent real bad but he is on the pier a large mob starts running toward the struggling angler the guy on top of the pier he pulls and yanks on this fish like a 300 pound tuna with his saltwater setup finally he brings the catch toward the surface it's a TOAD bass head just sticking out of the water Id say like 12 lber problem is he couldn't lift the bass from the pier every one is hollering and shout ''yeah it's a big one''NICE CATCH THAT'S DINNER''im thinking Phuck another bass lost at legg cause much of the bait dunker fisherman there don't c&r The guy walked the hooked fish round the pier toward the shore to another waiting angler with a net they scoop it up and it's officially doomed im thinking me and my friend Larry ran down there to the mob of lookers 2 get a better look i and a other told the guy hey man let it go there aint to many bass left here man he looked at me and nah im going bbq this bad boy man!!:Wink:I just walked away and said to myself whatever I guess...BUT THEN all of a sudden as the dude was trying to put the bass on his stringer a DFG dude comes down running moving the spectators away he approached the guy and said in a loud voice ''YOU CAUGHT THAT BASS SIR'' the guy looks at him all proud and saya yes sir''here's my license the dfg looks at the license and remains silent for a second GRABS THE BASS from the dudes hands and says CATCH AND RELEASE ON BASS HERE!!! he took the bass and gently revived it and it SWAM AWAY!!the guys eyes looked like they were going to pop he said WHY SIR IM OBEYING THE LAW WHY SIR THAT'S MY CATCH the dfg guys said plain and simple SIR understand this is a catfish derby any thing else under my supervision is C&R Me and LARRY and others look at each other a give out hi fives cause we were glad to see the bass was not going to be taken if only this kind of good story would happen More a legg bcause much of leggs bass and gone!!!NIce to see a DFG FINALLY step up for the fishery!!!HOPE to let the good times roll still....

This was begining to sound like another horror story. Glad to hear this one had a happy ending. The bass fishery at Legg has been devastated over the past few years.

JerryG

Little Bass Mike
07-20-2009, 05:59 PM
Memo is the man!!
Carlos is cool!
Jerry, a legend...
Legg Lake is full of great peeps.. now if we can get more C & R outta these lame *** people, we'd be golden..

Here fishy fishy...
07-24-2009, 04:17 AM
Oh man i am so jazzed bout the derby today!!!
Been waiting all year for this one.
Hope to see yall there we will have a jack-o-lantern out.
Swing by and say howdy, Im Kinda new to the board but i grew up at Legg.
My grnd pa was one of the over the hill gang, for all you old timers.:Cool:
Fishasidal crew!!! WOOT WOOT!!1

Fishicidal187
07-24-2009, 11:52 AM
You know it! Fishicidal krew (562) hopefully we will have a good fish fry tonight homie.

smokinflies
07-25-2009, 10:11 AM
Memo is the man!!
Carlos is cool!
Jerry, a legend...
Legg Lake is full of great peeps.. now if we can get more C & R outta these lame *** people, we'd be golden..

met memo and a few other legg lake locals last night at the ninja tourney.

cool bunch of heads. they helped me land my first bass on the worm last night. thanks guys. :Cool: