PDA

View Full Version : Corbina

WARRIORMIKE
07-05-2009, 12:03 PM
Does anyone eat Corbina. If so how do you cook it ?

bsp
07-05-2009, 01:04 PM
I'll keep one that's between 16in and 18in each season, but I release the larger ones as they are egg filled females. The best way to cook them is any way that doesn't overpower the taste of the fish. Don't fry them. My favorite way is to barbecue the fillets in a foil packet with lemon slices and some raw sliced onion. Blackened (redfish style) is good too.

NICKYMOUSE8
07-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Corbina in my opinion should be categorized solely as a highly prized game fish found in our very un abundant surf here in so.cal I SAY C&R!!!!!.

JoeCali
07-05-2009, 07:52 PM
gurrero was one of baddest dodgers ever...he was a tank... remember that sqeeze play in the 81' world series? bad *** huh... I caught a nice 4lb corbina off of ventura harbor pier off of blood worm. it is the biggest fish i've got off a pier. but man it is the best tasting fish ever!!!:LOL: we covered it in spices and corn meal and fried it to a golden perfection. trust me it is good eating...:Envious:

WARRIORMIKE
07-05-2009, 09:44 PM
Corbina in my opinion should be categorized solely as a highly prized game fish found in our very un abundant surf here in so.cal I SAY C&R!!!!!.

I did happen to catch a few the other day. All of them were C&R. Just getting input if they are edible or how they taste. I'm not a big fish eater either,so again respecting the fisheries is always a first for me

NICKYMOUSE8
07-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Yeah it's cool dude,13716