PDA

View Full Version : dvl shore on fourth of july

hookup
07-04-2009, 05:01 PM
got to the lake around 630am started making my way towards the east dam throwing a spook along with my punker. seen a few boils here and there. got a nice five to six pounder to follow the punker but never commited to it.after about an hour and a half with no luck with the topwater i decide to tie on a ika. what do you know third cast about half way down the island i land a nice 2 pounder nothin bigg but fun. walked down the island about another 40 to 50 yards and hook up again this time the fish is about a solid 3 1/2. after that i head down the island about 75 yards and hook up again with a nice 3 pounder. once i got towards the end of the island i see a huge wolf pack of largies ballin up a couple hundred shad. tyred to snag some shad but couldnt get the job done dam. so i messed with those fish for a while i threw flukes, cranks, jerks,etc, but just ended up wasting a bunch of time. so once i got away from those fish threw the ika back out and bam anothe nice 2 1/2 pounder. after that started making my way back towards marina with a big 7 inch senko trying to get a bigger fish. stopped and threw a real long cast out on this shallow flat and on the sink i get wacked hard. i set the hook like a champ started to crank him in feels big at least a solid five was fightin the fish for a good two minutes when i get wrapped up in a dam tree. it was over after that he got unbuttoned while i was trying to get him loose for a couple minutes. well i was pissed off then i look over to my left about 400 yards away were i was on point early the smorining and the dam largies are poppin off on the top water so i ty my spook on quick as possible and take off runnin. i had got there when it had just ended, damet i was really frustrated then. so i threw few cast for a while then decided to head on to the marina and get somethin to drink and take off. that was it for the day.

Indo-angler
07-04-2009, 05:10 PM
Sounds like you did pretty well!
Were the shad up in the coves? Close to shore?

Great report! Thanks!
Good to hear fish are still going off.

hookup
07-04-2009, 08:22 PM
the shad where literally every where. but they were not in big groups the biggest i saw was probley 150 or so.

WARRIORMIKE
07-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Too hot for me to go out there:Shocked:

Glad to see you caught some fish

Redside
07-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Good job on the bass, thanks for the report. If you don't mind my asking, how did you rig your IKA?

Thanks.