PDA

View Full Version : former NFL quarterback mcnair killed

Oz
07-04-2009, 02:56 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AvLTvcFI2320xIT8m.fOYzkdsLYF?slug=ap-mcnairkilled&prov=ap&type=lgns

Former NFL quarterback McNair killed in Tennessee
By KRISTIN M. HALL, Associated Press Writer

Tenn. (AP)—Former NFL quarterback Steve McNair(notes) has been shot
and killed.

Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron confirmed that police were called to
a residence and found McNair and a woman shot to death inside. Aaron
said authorities don’t yet know the circumstances of the shooting.

“I don’t have any answers for you now as to what’s happened, who’s
responsible,” he said.

Aaron said police have tentatively identified the woman but did not
release her name.

McNair played 13 seasons in the NFL and led the Titans within a yard
of forcing overtime in the 2000 Super Bowl. The former third overall draft
pick also played for the Baltimore Ravens before retiring after the 2007
season.

“He was one of the finest players to play for our organization and one of
the most beloved players by our fans,” Titans owner Bud Adams said in
a statement. “He played with unquestioned heart and leadership and led
us to places that we had never reached, including our only Super Bowl.”

The Angler
07-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Sad i was just about to post this info but u beat me 2 it.

Oz
07-04-2009, 03:54 PM
yea it sucks and sad for sure. only a year or so retired and one of the great qb'z to play is gone. i was gonna check my yahoo fantasy league when i saw this.

DocHolliday
07-05-2009, 04:13 PM
yea just heard about this, its truely sad. From everything, its looking like a murder-suicide. RIP Steve McNair, God just drafted a great QB for his team.

jbassc
07-05-2009, 05:50 PM
Yeah if it was a murder/suicide it looks like he got murdered cause he had multiple gun shots to the upper torso the girl only had one to the head.But i still think there was someone else with them in that house but who knows.

MAN VS WILD
07-06-2009, 06:55 PM
My thoughts are that... they just got pulled over on Thursday for a DUI and she got arrested and the police let him go home in a taxi. After that he knew his wife was going to find out about his affair and that he told her either it was over or that they had to cool it for a while, she didn't agree. She bought a gun Thursday night after she got out. He came over on Friday/early Saturday and she told him... If I can't have you nobody can... shot him multiple times then shot herself.

That's just my thoughts of what happened.

It's too bad he seemed to be a nice guy and gave back to the community. He just hooked up with a fatal.

Troutman65
07-06-2009, 08:17 PM
My thoughts are that... they just got pulled over on Thursday for a DUI and she got arrested and the police let him go home in a taxi. After that he knew his wife was going to find out about his affair and that he told her either it was over or that they had to cool it for a while, she didn't agree. She bought a gun Thursday night after she got out. He came over on Friday/early Saturday and she told him... If I can't have you nobody can... shot him multiple times then shot herself.

That's just my thoughts of what happened.

It's too bad he seemed to be a nice guy and gave back to the community. He just hooked up with a fatal.

That seems about right on what happened. That really sucks.

DocHolliday
07-11-2009, 01:38 PM
That seems about right on what happened. That really sucks.

Yea that seems to be spot on.