PDA

View Full Version : frog legs?

tall tales
07-04-2009, 08:56 AM
anybody know how to prepare these things? going on a bullfrog roundup tonight maybe got a good spot. any help would be much apprecaited, thanks.
TT

Troutman65
07-04-2009, 09:14 AM
I have tried frog legs once. I personally did not care for them. They were from a place in Huntington Beach and they were fried. With that being said, Frying is not rocket science. Mind you, I have never cooked them this is how I would do it.

Have some oil in a lg. pan. get the oil hot.

Take the frog legs and put them into a flour with garlic power, fresh cracked pepper, & some season all. ( you can use any seasoning you want or any como of seasons here )

I would fry them for till they are done. Could be 3 to 4 min. depending on who hot your oil is and how large your frog legs are. It could take a few min. more.\

Good luck. let us know how they taste.

socalfish
07-09-2009, 09:38 AM
would fry them but with cornmeal instead of flour! just in case you didnt get any they sell them at santa monica seafood company. good stuff!

Troutman65
07-09-2009, 11:36 AM
would fry them but with cornmeal instead of flour! just in case you didnt get any they sell them at santa monica seafood company. good stuff!

Cornmeal would be good also. Thanks for the reply

Ricky-Ray
07-09-2009, 12:25 PM
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/sauteed-frog-legs-with-tomato-garlic-butter-recipe2/index.html

Cangler
07-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Les franēais les aiment Je suis sūr que Monsieur Sansou les aime avec une passion

sonarbp
07-09-2009, 02:09 PM
Here you go........

Batter Fried Frog Legs Recipe:
serves/makes 4

Ingredients:
1 egg -- beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 pounds frog legs
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup cooking oil

Directions:

Mix the egg, corn meal, salt and pepper together to form a batter. Dip the frog legs into the batter, then fry in the oil in a large heavy skillet for 25 minutes, turning so they brown evenly on all sides.

__________________________________________________ _________________________

Cajun Frog Legs Recipe
Serves/Makes: 4

Ingredients:
16 good sized frog legs
1 cup shortening
1/2 cup flour
3 cups milk
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic juice
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 dash white pepper
1 dash oregano
1 dash rosemary
salt to taste

Directions:

Skin, clean and rinse frog legs well. Cover with whole milk and garlic juice in a plastic mixing bowl, refrigerate overnight. Pat dry, season with paprika, onion powder, cayenne, black pepper and desired amount of salt. Add white pepper, oregano and rosemary to the flour. Heat shortening in a skillet. Lightly flour the frog legs and fry until golden brown

__________________________________________________ __________________________

Crispy Frog Legs Recipe
Serves/Makes: 6

Ingredients:
5 pounds Frog legs; small
3/4 cup Lemon juice; or vinegar
Crushed ice
1 cup Milk
6 Eggs; separated
2 tablespoons Olive oil; or veg. oil
1/4 teaspoon Salt
Salt
Pepper
1 1/2 cup Flour, all-purpose
Vegetable oil

Directions:

Wash frog legs thoroughly. Place in a large Dutch oven; sprinkle with lemon juice, and cover with crushed ice. Refrigerate 1 to 3 hours.

Combine milk, egg yolks, olive oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; mix well. Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into batter.

Sprinkle frog legs with salt and pepper; dip each in batter, and dredge in flour. Fry until golden brown in deep oil heated to 375 degrees. Drain on paper towels.

tall tales
07-09-2009, 02:34 PM
thanks very much. had to cancel last weekend but will go get some sat night. let you guys and french speakin dwarfs know how they come out. i dont need to buy them theres a place close to home where its WFO bullfrog. thanks again.
TT

diamondbear
07-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Getting frogs with a long gig at night is alot of fun . wear alot of insect repellant as the bugs will swarm your light on your head , and KEEP THE LIGHT IN THERE EYES once you have one in your light beam and MOVE SLOW AND QUIET . have fun good luck .

bassmeister
07-10-2009, 01:08 AM
Here you go........

Batter Fried Frog Legs Recipe:
serves/makes 4

Ingredients:
1 egg -- beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 pounds frog legs
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup cooking oil

Directions:

Mix the egg, corn meal, salt and pepper together to form a batter. Dip the frog legs into the batter, then fry in the oil in a large heavy skillet for 25 minutes, turning so they brown evenly on all sides.

__________________________________________________ _________________________

Cajun Frog Legs Recipe
Serves/Makes: 4

Ingredients:
16 good sized frog legs
1 cup shortening
1/2 cup flour
3 cups milk
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic juice
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 dash white pepper
1 dash oregano
1 dash rosemary
salt to taste

Directions:

Skin, clean and rinse frog legs well. Cover with whole milk and garlic juice in a plastic mixing bowl, refrigerate overnight. Pat dry, season with paprika, onion powder, cayenne, black pepper and desired amount of salt. Add white pepper, oregano and rosemary to the flour. Heat shortening in a skillet. Lightly flour the frog legs and fry until golden brown

__________________________________________________ __________________________

Crispy Frog Legs Recipe
Serves/Makes: 6

Ingredients:
5 pounds Frog legs; small
3/4 cup Lemon juice; or vinegar
Crushed ice
1 cup Milk
6 Eggs; separated
2 tablespoons Olive oil; or veg. oil
1/4 teaspoon Salt
Salt
Pepper
1 1/2 cup Flour, all-purpose
Vegetable oil

Directions:

Wash frog legs thoroughly. Place in a large Dutch oven; sprinkle with lemon juice, and cover with crushed ice. Refrigerate 1 to 3 hours.

Combine milk, egg yolks, olive oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; mix well. Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into batter.

Sprinkle frog legs with salt and pepper; dip each in batter, and dredge in flour. Fry until golden brown in deep oil heated to 375 degrees. Drain on paper towels.

Now were talkin

Astrolux
07-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Make sure you pull that little tendon or what ever it is out cause them legs will jump right out of the hot frying pan (no joke). My mom used to make frog legs when I was a kid, they're great with a little ketchup!!!!